Boxes for rack-mount components

• Members

Just go to a UPS Store. They have been great for me when I sold gear. They will pack and secure the items and generally make life a little easier. They do cost but the price is reasonable and you can include that cost in the sale price. I've sold guitars, mixers, and rack gear from 1 to 4 spaces without a single problem with the packaging.

• CMS Author

I'd take from both Andy and jw's posts; bubblewrap the units, take 'em to UPS, and have them do the final boxing.

If you use UPS to ship, always let them pack the items, and insure the boxes for an accurate value. In the event of damage, UPS is still slow but much more willing to pay claims if they packed the box. If they didn't pack, you're in for a fight in all but blatant damage claims. But at least they pay. USPS is like squeezing a quarter to get a nickel....

• Members

If you use UPS to ship, always let them pack the items, and insure the boxes for an accurate value. In the event of damage, UPS is still slow but much more willing to pay claims if they packed the box. If they didn't pack, you're in for a fight in all but blatant damage claims. But at least they pay. USPS is like squeezing a quarter to get a nickel....

Then they send you a penny. Collect.

• Members

I believe there's a place in Seattle that does recycled packing materials... I think they were (are) located on Alki Ave near Duwamish Head... I don't recall the name of the company. If I'm thinking of the correct business, the last time I was there they had a mountain of various VCR and other similar boxes with foam inside suitable for shipping rackmount gear.

Archived