Crown Powerbase 3

• Members

That's the way to do it.

Yea...I don't really need it, but then again, I can't pass up a good deal, either. I'm trying to move away from my old, ragedy-assed PA (the "B" word) and move up, even if it's a little at a time. See my post about the EV T52's ;)

• Members
Yea...I don't really need it, but then again, I can't pass up a good deal, either. I'm trying to move away from my old, ragedy-assed PA (the "B" word) and move up, even if it's a little at a time. See my post about the EV T52's
;)

Just make sure you are "moving up", not trading ok gear for crappy old stuff. For instance - if you're buying that crown boat anchor to replace a 'ringer EP2500 yous crazy :lol:. Whatcha got now :)?

• Members

PMH880S and a couple of old Hughes & Kettner 15" cabs. I recently bought 2 Yorkville Pulse 12" monitors for $150 and A Crown 800 CSL for $66. I have the PMH880S sold to fund buying a Yamaha MG166CX, but then I'll need another amp for the monitors, hence the interest in the Powerbase and the EV cabs.

We're just a 5 piece garage band that only plays at friend's parties or other "Free" venues, so that's why we're so cheap.

• Members
PMH880S and a couple of old Hughes & Kettner 15" cabs. I recently bought 2 Yorkville Pulse 12" monitors for $150 and A Crown 800 CSL for $66. I have the PMH880S sold to fund buying a Yamaha MG166CX, but then I'll need another amp for the monitors, hence the interest in the Powerbase and the EV cabs.

You needed more channels than the PMH has or just G.A.S. ;)? Too bad shipping amps sucks - I'd sell you one of my RMX1450 clones for $125 !

• Members

You needed more channels than the PMH has or just G.A.S.
;)
? Too bad shipping amps sucks - I'd sell you one of my RMX1450 clones for $125 !

A bit of both. The extra channels will be nice, but the F/X on the Bherringer suck (surprise, surprise). Plus, I like having all the extra AUX outs, the buses, and the channel inserts. I'm going to trade this out so that the Yammy will only cost me about $75. Another good upgrade deal, IMHO.

Archived