DAS audio... anygood?

• Members

Hi guys. It is my first time on this forum... I visit other HC forums though.

I am looking for some spekares, and I found some DAS audio MI215n, wich are at a really good price. I was looking for the JBL JRX125, and would like to know if anyone can tell me how do they compare, and how good is DAS audio overall.

Thanks a lot!

• Members

Hi guys. It is my first time on this forum... I visit other HC forums though.

I am looking for some spekares, and I found some DAS audio MI215n, wich are at a really good price. I was looking for the JBL JRX125, and would like to know if anyone can tell me how do they compare, and how good is DAS audio overall.

Thanks a lot!

I have not heard of DAS but I can tell you that you will not be happy with the JRXs. The next series up (MRX) is incredibly better and the cost difference is well worth the added sound quality/performance.

• Members

DAS was, for awhile at least, distributed by Sennheiser here in the US. The only experience I have with them is some 12" monitors that my friend uses in his system. He's owned them probably going on 10 years now and had very few problems. They sound good. I daresay they perform quite a bit better than a JRX. I don't know the specific models though. Craig, I've never lifted the rat fur to notice what complex aggregate board is. LOL.

• Members

DAS has some very good stuff and some very average stuff, like everyone else. The AERO line array is pretty nice, but it isn't a NEXO/Meyer/VDOSC/pick of the day. Several people I know have said that the boxes sound good on solo and then lose something on the whole mix, and that is still better than JRX. You could do worse.

Archived