are people just that dumb?

• Members

ive been shopping around on ebay for a small mixer for one of my bands rehearsal room...we dont mic anything in this rehearsal room except 2 vocal mics...so i see no point in hauling my 16 channel powered carvin board back and fourth once a week. i have extra power amps kicking around so i figured id grab a cheap little mixer to make my life easier...anyways....

i cant believe that people are so stupid buying behringer boards on ebay used...for more than what they can get them NEW!...are people really that stupid? with new pricing right at your fingertips...why would you over pay for a piece of garbage thats used? no warranty. im really shocked...and also notice its mostly on behringer gear..a few of the cheaper alesis boards too. they are also paying crazy prices for shipping on top of over paying...any local music store these days carries this junk!

needless to say im thinking of buying a new cheap ass behringer for rehearsal...at least i know if i hate it as much as i think i will i can make a few bucks re-selling it!:facepalm:

• Members

i was actually making a joke...i really could not bring myself to buy anything from behringer at all...im actually looking for a cheap used yamaha or peavey

My singer uses one for her karaoke and DJ work. I bought it used and she's been using it 4 -5 hours a night, 3 nights a week for a year without a hiccup.

I know Behringer bashing is popular around these parts, but it gets kind of silly sometimes.

• Members

That's funny! In non-critical situations a behringer board can be handy. Non-critical being rehearsal, jam room etc, non-performace.

I'm doing more recording stuff this month at home, using an ADA8000 for analog to ADAT into an Event EZ8 ADAT PCI card. All inputs on a behringer 1002 are used up and the FX send feeds in mono a behringer headphone amp. But that's pretty much it. The mixer has some dirty pots but the other gear has been wonderful. Oh god, i started another behringer thread... sorry

and I have another 802fx in the garage for rehearsal/jazz gig stuff to use with a power amp.

• Members

People on average are incredibly stupid.

Yep, and they all voted in the 2008 presidential election. Oops! wrong forum!! Sorry!:)

BTW, I buy on ebay from time to time but I always do my due diligence first. DBX 1231 new $207.00. Allen Heath Mixwiz 16:2 looks like new $650 etc.

• Members

Back when I was younger and poorer (about 7 or 8 years ago) I went with one of the Behringer mini mixers. At 80 bucks I considered the thing disposable. I just upgraded to a 'real' mixer (A&H ZED 14) a few months ago. The Behringer still works.

I wouldn't use it for anything mission critical but I would say I got a lot more than $80 worth out of that mixer. If it died after a year of use I would have considered it a price fair.

• CMS Author

I have used a Behringer mixer for our rehearsal system for over 5 years with no problems at all. It is just some budget gear it isn't going to eat any babies.

Max

It's just budget gear that has a well-deserved reputation for failure, sold by a company with a well-deserved reputation for flauting the law, and appropriating intellectual property and trade dress.

But you're absolutely correct that it does not eat babies.:thu:

• Members

MF often has previous model new behringers on closeout level pricing. Worth the $$ then. Always buy Behringer new for the warranty, any problems under warranty, they get replaced, not cost effective to repair.

I've had good luck with behringer mixers, any probs were personnel induced except for a burnt out LED. M2442A, 802A, UB802, all still working well although I sold the 2442A (a Smirnoff Ice took out a couple subgroups ;>( and traded the 802A for plumbing services (really). I missed the 802A for small gigs and DJing and picked up the UB802 on MF closeout. The A had 4 mics in, the UB only has 2 ;>( One odd thing about the UB also is that it has NO power switch.

Boomerweps

Archived