NAMM 2010

• Members

Don't have my camera, but our Shuttle 12.0 won Best Musical Instrument Amp of 2009 by Music & Sound Retailer Magazine.

New A & Heath smaller format digital board, Crown Class D lower end amp, Peavey still showing the same wall of class D amps from last year that are still not shipping (except the smallest one), nowhere near as much product from all over Asia. Those Asian manufacturers that are here have product that looks a lot better though. Culling of the herd.

• Members

Don't have my camera, but our Shuttle 12.0 won Best Musical Instrument Amp of 2009 by Music & Sound Retailer Magazine.

Congrats!

BTW has anyone seen the Phonic Summit yet? Any other smallish digital mixers besides the A&H and Presonus?

I see Behringer updated the B412DSP's I have with a class-D Neo model that is no longer stoopid heavy (42lbs vs 65lbs :)) and has more B.S. power (1000w vs 600w). Same SPL though - guess they are using "QSC K series watts" now :lol:. Behringer also has 15" and 18" powered subs that look interesting - both 1400 B.S. watts, Hey, instead of RMS can we use BSW now :lol:? Also some new 1U power amps (130 & 290w @ 8 ohms) that look suitable for HF or monitor duty.

If anyone can anyone figure out what a 1U 4x50w amp is good for they have one of those too :freak::

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/EPQ304.aspx

• Members

QSC has an 8 channel x ~50 watts, great for installation. I did a job recently where I used 24 channels of 50 watts each for a high level wide bandwidth zoned system. Simple solution. Not that I could use Behringer for an installation as it lacks a UL listing.

• CMS Author

Congratulations, Andy! Must be nice to be recognized like that after so much hard work.

I just had a peak at it. Has me rethinking our earlier discussion...in fact I'm rethinking my whole rig. Gee thanks!:mad::D:D

Can it be configured to use the FET pre through 1 amp, and the tube pre through the other? In other words, true stereo? If so, that would be an awesome rig for my Ric 4003 !!

• Members

New A & Heath smaller format digital board, Crown Class D lower end amp, Peavey still showing the same wall of class D amps from last year that are still not shipping (except the smallest one), nowhere near as much product from all over Asia. Those Asian manufacturers that are here have product that looks a lot better though. Culling of the herd.

:cool: Congratulation Andy

• Members

Congratulations, Andy! Must be nice to be recognized like that after so much hard work.

I just had a peak at it. Has me rethinking our earlier discussion...in fact I'm rethinking my whole rig. Gee thanks!
:mad::D
:D

Can it be configured to use the FET pre through 1 amp, and the tube pre through the other? In other words, true stereo? If so, that would be an awesome rig for my Ric 4003 !!

Thanks. It's based on alot of years in pro audio and listening to basses live.

Can't be used in stereo, it's a 2 channel, mono preamp with dual mono powerr amps.

• Members

I was checking out the 12 today, it is a sweet amp. I tried to talk to Andy today but he was busy, had a little daughter board in his hand, and I didn't want to interupt, I am just a visitor after all. Now I just need him to design that power amp with a 4 channel stereo mixer as a front end. Hook that up to a couple of SRX712's and I would have a smokin' backline for my keys!

• Members

I just had a peak at it. Has me rethinking our earlier discussion...in fact I'm rethinking my whole rig. Gee thanks!
:mad::D
:D

Get the Shuttlemax Craig, you won't be sorry. :thu: While your at it might as well get the Uber212 and 410 to go with it. :) I could not be happier with my rig.

• Members

Hmm, is that the same kind of "next month" as "HC 2.0 is coming next month" ???

Or "the peavey IPR amps are shipping next month"? Except for the 1600 non dsp model....

Is QSC coming out with a line of digital amps? That would be nice and they will probably ship before the Peaveys

• Members
Yep ... $1900 and due out "next month";)

I think it was shipping "next month" at the last NAMM :lol:. But - it does look finished now so I suspect it's just held up with FCC approval. I saw that the class-d powered subs from Behringer shown at NAMM are awaiting FCC and CE. Perhaps the same issue with some of the Peavey IPR's?

• Members

I got to check it out today. I didnt really see any others but Im sure I missed alot. Seems like decent features. Motorized faders, adjustable EQ, 8 AUX channels, firewire so recording should be pretty nice. I dont know if I would rather have this board over the Presonus. The new 24 channel Studiolive is pretty nice!

Turbosound released there new mid-level powered speaker this week called "Milan M15", nice sounding and at a great price point around $1000. bucks. I did get to hear some Ipod music through it but nothing live.

http://www.turbosound.com/milan-m15/index.html

• Members

I think it was shipping "next month" at the last NAMM
:lol:
. But - it does look finished now so I suspect it's just held up with FCC approval. I saw that the class-d powered subs from Behringer shown at NAMM are awaiting FCC and CE. Perhaps the same issue with some of the Peavey IPR's?

How do you know this?

Archived