Allen & heath new small digital mixing system

• Members

Hello

Everybody has been talking about the new presonus studiolive 24 ch but I see that A&H has made a new smaller ilive digital mixer iDr -16 with the ilive r72 control surface. I have a mix wizard 16:2(which I love it) but I want to hear opinions about this new stuff any thoughts about the price and specs?. Can you daisy chain buying more than one of these racks, and is it user friendly?when is it shipping in the US etc...

• Members

Hello

Everybody has been talking about the new presonus studiolive 24 ch but I see that A&H has made a new smaller ilive digital mixer iDr -16 with the ilive r72 control surface. I have a mix wizard 16:2(which I love it) but I want to hear opinions about this new stuff any thoughts about the price and specs?. Can you daisy chain buying more than one of these racks, and is it user friendly?when is it shipping in the US etc...

Dunno the price but they thought about us ADAt folks. :thu:

and wifi for laptop editor looks cool.

http://www.ilive-digital.com/R72_applications.html

• Members

Dunno the price but they thought about us ADAt folks.
:thu:
and wifi for laptop editor looks cool.

http://www.ilive-digital.com/R72_applications.html

So if I am looking for a 32 xlr channels mixer in this case, I need the iDR-32 mix rack or just an expansion card) and this one could be connected to the ilive r72 surface. The thing is that the T surface is way expensive and I find that this new r72 surface could be affordable to me (for my engineers).

• Members

I believe one control surface operates 2 BOB's, (DME's) and you would then layer or page the second hroup of inputs/outputs.

My concern is the number of pages and menus needed to go between various functions on the fly. Way harder than a MixWix. In fact this is pretty true of all the small format consoles. The features are nice but definately not user friendly. I spent about 10 minutes with one today and it's not for me, though the larger control surface is WAY better and more user friendly.

Archived