Schematic-does this look right?

• Members

I've drawn up a schematic using the equipment we collectively have as a band. We still need to get one of the subs fixed and purchase a crossover. In an effort to keep things simple, this is what I have come up with. Does this look right to you all? Another option would be to take the CE-1000 out of the chain and use one side of the XLS602 for the highs and the other side for the lows. It would make setup a little easier, but I want to maximize output. Suggestions?

• Members

Looks good. Get the 2 amps in a rack with the crossover and eq and pre-wire it. Use a patch panel on the back for speakon connections (you are using speakon right?). If you have 2 channels of FOH EQ then run stereo instead of mono (dual mono actually).

One option is to use the XLS602 for ch1 subs and ch2 tops and use the CE1000 for your 2 monitor mixes and leave the powered mixer at home (Or buy a 3rd amp to do this). I don't like using powered mixers to run monitors at all, gain structure is different, too many knobs between the board and speaker, too much stuff... Using the XLS for mono bi-amp would mean a loss of maybe a couple dB overall and i'm not sure I'd want any less power going out than what you have in stereo already. The crown XLS802 would be a better match in mono-biamp, or the CE2000 (using the internal crossover).

• Members

The powered mixer has two 1/4 inch inputs that are direct input to the power amp in the mixer. I'm not certain, but I think this bypasses all the other "stuff" on the mixer. I have to admit, I was hoping the graphic EQ on each side of the powered mixer would be active running it this way and allow me to trim out the monitor mixes if need be(nominal help perhaps, but at least it would be something).

Yes, the wires running to the cabinets will be Speakon for the tops, but I think the subs only have provision for TRS. It wouldn't be too difficult to add the Speakon receptacle on the subs, but they aren't mine, so....

Archived