Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok OK but how do you guys feel about Harbinger?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok OK but how do you guys feel about Harbinger?

I know how most of us feel about Behringer stuff but what about Harbinger? Noticing the letter differential, is the quality resemblance the same as well? I A-B'd a pair of Harbinger, their 15 inch model to the JRX 15 to me, I preferred the Harbinger over the JBL. The Harbs had more low end, less harsh, with a more well-rounded eq response than the JBL's Am I nuts or is this normal? I know I'm asking for trouble here...
    Thanks
    DBR

Just about anything can sound better than the JRX........, so that's not saying much.

Just saying, Winston.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-c1JDsmREI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPUXD...eature=related
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sister-Wives/37203218181
    http://www.sisterwivesband.com

Comment

I know how most of us feel about Behringer stuff but what about Harbinger? Noticing the letter differential, is the quality resemblance the same as well? I A-B'd a pair of Harbinger, their 15 inch model to the JRX 15 to me, I preferred the Harbinger over the JBL. The Harbs had more low end, less harsh, with a more well-rounded eq response than the JBL's Am I nuts or is this normal? I know I'm asking for trouble here...
      Thanks
      DBR

was it better than the Dr Fong PRO line too?
      tlbonehead@yahoo.com
      www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
      -For Sale:
      -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
      -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
      - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
      - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
      - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

Stop it, just stop it...
        YMMV.

Release your inner DJ... then you will begin to see.

Comment

Harbinger is the B52 brand of PA speakers. While B52 may make some better stuff this is certainly not what GC is selling. Construction seems ok, drivers eh, not great. Similar to yamaha BR series in quality and price.
          www.rock-bot.com
          Live-Band-Karaoke

bassist and sound reinforcement

Comment

The only harbinger product I've really seen is the powered 15" that GC sold for $200. I would never buy those. Never actually used them but I would get behringer way before them, they looked and felt cheap, like toys. They also are not very powerful at all.

If you need to hit a budget there are better options, and if you can spend a little more then you can be much better off.
            samkokajko wins! - MusicalSchizo

Comment

They're seeking to trade on behringers name... says a lot

Comment

I have bought and installed a set of HX151's for a youth center. UNALSAKA is right on about the driver quality. One of the speakers installed had its HF driver magnet fall off inside the cabinet.

Had to uninstall the speaker and take back for exchange. Exchanged speaker has had no problems, but these things do not get moved around. I would not trust this speaker as a mobile PA speaker.

Comment

They're seeking to trade on behringers name... says a lot

Nah, the Harbinger name has a fairly decent history in pro audio. However, this stuff is same in name only.
                  -

Comment

Nah, the Harbinger name has a fairly decent history in pro audio. However, this stuff is same in name only.

Absolutly correct. When Harbinger was in edition I, They were great speakers. I still have an old (circa early 80s) Harbinger wedge. JBL 22xx 15" & Renkus Heins high end driver. It still sounds pretty good. The company went out of business and was resurected some 15 years later (more like someone bought the name). Totaly different speakers.

Behringer wasn't even in business in the early 80s and if anything, it's the other way around (who's banking on whos name?).
                    J.R. Previously jrble

See my Dog Of The Hair studio at: http://www.dogoth.com/studio/

Quote from someone: Flat response? Get out the jack and change the tire.
                    If you think "power is knowledge", you have it backwards.

Comment

Behringer wasn't even in business in the early 80s and if anything, it's the other way around (who's banking on whos name?).

Definitely not the other way around, either. It's not like Uli's ancestors took on his surname to emulate a small but reputable American box builder from the 70/80s.
                      -

Comment

Absolutly correct. When Harbinger was in edition I, They were great speakers. I still have an old (circa early 80s) Harbinger wedge. JBL 22xx 15" & Renkus Heins high end driver. It still sounds pretty good. The company went out of business and was resurected some 15 years later (more like someone bought the name). Totaly different speakers.

Yes, IIRC it was Mark Wayne's company from the SF Bay Area.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Must be a west coast thing? I've never even heard of them (the original ones).

Comment

i find often that feelings about products or brands are irrelevant.
                            band status - "its complicated"

Comment

I have a friend who bought the 15 mains and 18 subs a couple of years ago. They were for his son's band and they performed ok. He recently sold them to a club I went to last night and in this small club they sounded very good. The club holds around 150 people.

There are a lot better out there for just a little more money, but they did ok in this club. Not sure about long term durability.......

Comment

Working...
                              X