Renkus Heinz

• Members

Just wanted some opinions on these speakers. Are they comparable to the Yorkville Elite or Unity series? Any personal experience with them?

I saw them in action this weekend, but the sound guy wasnt great so I didnt want to write them off because of him.

• Members

Renkus Heinz has an incredible line-up of speakers. Better get ready for some serious "sticker shock" too. I looked at the iconyx series, which somewhat resembles a Bose L1 (sub module/column array). I think the sub module alone was someting like $8,000. :eek: $12,000 for the sub/column.

Bob

• Members

I haven't heard a lot of Renkus Heinz product, but what I did hear, I wasn't impressed with. To take it a step further, I don't recall ever seeing it spec'd on any tech riders.

Dennis

Spec'd: may be not.

Accepted: plenty.

• Members

Disclaimer: I'm a rep with R-H in my linecard. The two series that you may want to check out are 1) CF (powered) and CFX (unpowered), or 2) Sygma (SG=powered, SGX=unpowered). In the powered series you have the option of 200w or 500w amps, and top of the line is 200/500 biamped. You can also add the RHAON (Renkus Heinz Audio Operations Network) to the onboard DSP, but if you are using external processors that would be redundant. The CF series is better to my ear than the second lowest offering by JBL, and Sygma is even better.

R-H is a family owned business and do most of their manufacturing in house, with the exception of the amps (D2) and the two series that I mentioned above.

We supplied Sygmas for the Norris-Whitney Canadian reception with a four piece electric jazz band, and the system was peaking at -24db in a 80'x50' room. The next night at the Coffin Case all girl tribute band/fashion show was less successful, but I attribute that to operater error, as it sounded just as muddy and undefined as any other large scale audio event that I've heard at NAMM. I don't get it. You have a room full of people who work in sound, and what consistently happens is tha guy at the board blows people out of the room. You don't have to push the rig to 130db in a hotel ballroom, it's like putting an outboard motor in a bathtub.

• Members

At work we have 2 Renkus Heinz systems. The one I work with on a weekly basis is a pair of 12" CF series over a pair of CF series 18" subs.

The rig is setup about 2/3 back in a large open double court gym and covers the area very well.

The subs tend to go into a little limiting (flashing on hard hits) right about where we run the rig, but then again they really should have gotten more then a pair of 18" subs for a huge space like that.

Overall they sound very good, crisp and clear in an extremely difficult room. Very good setup.

The other system we have is installed in our main event room. Several speakers hung throughout the room (something like a 5x4"?). That system sounds GREAT. Low ceiling, very wide room but not much in the way of reflections, (they also have a pair of 2x15" active subs from RH by the stage). I haven't really heard that system pushed hard but it sounds excellent for various spoken word/music applications.

• Members

We supplied Sygmas for the Norris-Whitney Canadian reception with a four piece electric jazz band, and the system was peaking at -24db in a 80'x50' room. The next night at the Coffin Case all girl tribute band/fashion show was less successful, but I attribute that to operater error, as it sounded just as muddy and undefined as any other large scale audio event that I've heard at NAMM. I don't get it. You have a room full of people who work in sound, and what consistently happens is tha guy at the board blows people out of the room. You don't have to push the rig to 130db in a hotel ballroom, it's like putting an outboard motor in a bathtub.

I have to agree. Even the ICONIX system in the lobby of the convention center had it's fair share of challanges. Of course it's a tough area with a lot of glass but still...

Yes, it's sad to see some professionals trying to show off their exceptional prowess and audio machismo then step on their own d*cks trying so hard. Rule number one... do not make things worse than they already are by mixing like you are a stud.

• Members

I have to agree. Even the ICONIX system in the lobby of the convention center had it's fair share of challanges. Of course it's a tough area with a lot of glass but still...

Yes, it's sad to see some professionals trying to show off their exceptional prowess and audio machismo then step on their own d*cks trying so hard. Rule number one... do not make things worse than they already are by mixing like you are a stud.

The young lad mixing the battle of the bands outside of the arena on Saturday did an excellent job. A few of the bigshots could take notes.

• Members

I can't say I've ever used any of their complete systems but in the past I have used boxes that included many of their components. IMO its great stuff. It kept up with the current high end line of JBL, Gauss (or whatever else they were loaded with). Renkus Heinz I like :thu:

BTW what ever happened to companies like Gauss & Emilar (two other really good companies)?

Archived