cupping of mic!!

• Members

I tell bands before they play please dont put your hands around the head of the mic as that is where the sound has to do into. and last night i got this statement from a band " I will try my best, but it is usually a stage presence thing" i just laughed at that. Anyone else have this trouble at gigs

• Members

I tell bands before they play please dont put your hands around the head of the mic as that is where the sound has to do into. and last night i got this statement from a band " I will try my best, but it is usually a stage presence thing" i just laughed at that. Anyone else have this trouble at gigs

Everyone has that trouble at gigs. It's an uphill battle you can't win.

Dennis

• Members

rappers are the worst offenders. When a "promoter" tells me he can't hear the artist all I jave to say is he's cupping the mic and there is nothing I can do. It comes from playing house parties on crappy dj gear where you have to squeeze every last dB ou of a system. When the stages get bigger the technique stays the same.

• Members

Sometimes the best you can do is talk with the artist and try to describe to them what happens when you cup the mic. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't and you have to make the best of the situation. I deal quite often with a keyboard player and no matter how i describe it, I can't seem to get though about singing into the mic consistantly *shrug*, you do what you can.

Good luck!

Archived