Out of these what is the best sound dampening

• Members

I have speakers that need damping. I have 2 resources. They are vented cabs with 2 15'' speakers. The bottom woofer covers from 0-600hz, and the top 600-3500. I have available alot of polyfill and some carpet padding. What would be the best way to use it? Thanks

• Members

How do you know they need damping? Are they a home brew or did a manufacturer design it this way?

Traditional materials for pro audio is matted jute or poly fiber blend. Polyfill does nothing for the typical issues we are trying to resolve. Polyfill stuffing is used for a totally different reason, and not in pro audio.

• Members

How do you know they need damping? Are they a home brew or did a manufacturer design it this way?

Traditional materials for pro audio is matted jute or poly fiber blend. Polyfill does nothing for the typical issues we are trying to resolve. Polyfill stuffing is used for a totally different reason, and not in pro audio.

A friend's use of fiberfill tamed the resonances in his U15s (~190Hz) and E12s (~350Hz) to a very noticeable degree. Definitely better sounding than using parametric EQ alone.

Archived