Q about Mixwiz jumpers and defaults

• Members

Hello Folks,

I have read up on the manual and I am not sure about a section when it comes to factory defaults and the sends. I am wondering if the EQ section which to my ears the EQ effects the monitors. If so, I'm not quite clear on how to change the jumper nor am I clear on which jumper to change. Can someone please help? Thanks

• Members

Not easy. Depending on the version, it may be either solder jumpers or shunts on each channel.

Time consuming, and if the solder type you really need to know what you are doing or you can end up with a heck of a mess.

IIRC, traces (or trace jumpers) must also be cut for some functions, but I may be mixing this up with a GL mod.

• Members

Thank you for the advice y'all. I am confused about the wording the manual uses to describe the way the factory defaults are set for the Aux channels when it comes to the pre/post EA. Can someone please explain a little bit more clearly if the jumper is pre or post eq? If I moved the jumper to the specified shunt, would that make it so that the eq section is bypassed or active to the monitors? I have an outboard eq for the monitors already and I would like them to be independent from the FOH eq. The manual really confuses me :idk:

Thanks

• CMS Author

Can someone please explain a little bit more clearly if the jumper is pre or post eq? If I moved the jumper to the specified shunt, would that make it so that the eq section is bypassed or active to the monitors? I have an outboard eq for the monitors already and I would like them to be independent from the FOH eq. The manual really confuses me
:idk:
Thanks

The jumper in question switches between having the *pre-fader* aux sends pre-EQ/pre-Insert (the factory default) and having them post-EQ/post-Insert. This is changed via the jumpers labeled "A-B" on the boards.

However, if you change the aux jumpers labeled "E" through "L" to be switchable pre/post fader, then those channels set post-fader will also be post-EQ/Insert if that's how you set jumpers "A-B".

Confusing? Yeah, kinda, because you need to be careful of the terms you're reading. Have a look at the MIC/LINE block of the block diagram on page 26. Between that and the location diagram on page 30, it should be vaguely understandable after about a half hour of careful study:facepalm::lol:

• Members

I own the Mixwiz3 16:2. That model is supposed to come stock with the Aux sends PRE EQ. This is my preferred set-up because I don't want my FOH adjustments to appear in my monitor sends.

Are you talking about sends one to four?

Double check that this is indeed happening before you open up the hood.

• Members

Thank you guys so much. I tried it out today and the monitors are definitely independent from the FOH EQ. I don't need to do squash about squash. I had the concept totally kittywhampus. Thanks again :thu::thu::thu:

Archived