Powering your Rack ...

• Members

Quick question regarding power. What kind of equipment do you guys use for power ?? Do you use a regular power chord into a power conditions then plug all the rack components (ie. mixer, eq, x-over, amps) into the power conditioner .. or do you use a simple power bar and then plug everything into that ... does anybody use a ups ... i'd love to hear what you guys do ... appreciated as always !!

• Members

i use power strips in my foh racks; servo taped to the sides and quad boxes bolted in my amp racks. my amp racks have courtesy outlets in the rear (and one has a courtesy in the front) those fuhrman type deals are great for the lights but so is a flashlight and i usually just use a flashlight anyway so i took out those rack mounted power strips.

having spare outlets in your racks that are easily accessable is usually a good idea unless some numbnut punter tries to use them without your knowledge.

• Members

i like any of the plain metal ones for FOH, but they all seem to have a 15A breaker in them, and they dont work for amp racks because of that.

i have a nice belkin in one foh rack, and a cheepy crummy one in another. both are about equal in terms of use. if you have any warts be sure and take that into consideration, you may get by with a wart friendly strip or in worse case, just add a wart friendly strip to whatever strip you choose.

i think the metal ones are getting close to $20 these days.

Archived