PA 10 years ago

• Members

Mackie powered sub system introduced system in 2000.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Events/WNAMM00/Mackie/SRS1500.html

I can't beleive it was ten years ago when I bought this rig. The SRM450 and SRS1500's were a great small portable system. Bought 2 tops and 2 bottems for $2,400 from WWBW. I used this system for my solo midi show. Never let me down! Sounded awsome!

I have used Mackies, Yorkville EF500P, 2-L1's, QSC 112i's and MRX's over the past 10 years.

Now I have SRX712m and SRX718's and MRX512 monitor rig. With the 712's the vocals pop out of the mix.

My speaker GAS is over. Now I have mixer GAS, I have a 8 yr old Mixwiz, I think it's that old. Only thing that went wrong on this mixer was the main left channel had a lose soldered.

• Members

10years ago:

EV S15 full range

EV 7300a and QSC RMX1450 for mains and 2 mixes

2x Homemade 12+piezo monitors (ug)

Mackie 1604vlz

Digitech S100 FX

6ch Alesis 3630 (mostly for studio, I used 2ch only live: kick and lead vox)

I still have the QSC somewhere, it was one of the 1st ever made. Wish I had the EV 7300a from time to time, truly a nice amp, very forgiving too. Anyway I've come a long way from then. Thanx to this forum for a lot a help and the many sound peep friends whove given me advice.

• Members

I had a small peavey rig. 12 channel mixer with some SP5 on sticks. Being new to the game, I depended on my local dealer at the time.

I meet my mentor a year later, and in one summer, I learnt more from him then any book/ manual could teach me.

I really hated my mentor at first, every thing I owned was cheap or crap. The only stuff he considered I owned that was decent, was his old gear I brought off of him. Boy, I do I know what he meant now.

• Members

10 years ago, soundcraft K1-32, JBL SR4733x over 2-18 horns.

Now I have a mix-wiz(I liked the K1 a lot more, it may have been psychoacoustics, but I thought it sounded better)

JBL MP418's under JBL SRX715's I still have the old speakers, and prefer them, but, they are big and heavy.

The new system is smaller, lighter, faster set-up, and gets the job done.

In the next 5 years I am hoping to go digi on the mixer with a cat-5 cable to the desk, pre's and dsp on stage. Replace my RMX with lab gruppen fp10000q or some similar 4ch lightweight amp. Hopefully replace the 2-18's with something with the same, or more output in a smaller lighter package, and replace the MP418's with something similar size/weight with a bit more impact.

I would also like to rig up the trailer to haul the lights in less pieces, or just figure out a way to add a few lights, and cut lighting set-up time in half.

We will see. Maybe I will tire of the whole bar scene, and go to writing/recording in my garage/studio, and host jam parties 5-6 times a year.

Archived