will this be ok for now?

• Members

last year we needed a PA system in a hurry so I bought what I could afford, a behringer pmp2000 (350 watts per side, 14 channels) mixer and someone donated 3 montiors (2 yorkville passive wedges/1 soundtech). We have to get some mains and I'm thinking of just getting a pair of Behringer b212xl's (200watts rms, 800 peak) and some sticks to mount em on.

we need to get a whole new system but that means amps for the monitors, powered mains and passive mixer and theres no way I can afford that system right now.

So for small bar gigs/private parties can we get away with what we have for now and still sound ok?

• Members

You can get away with whatever you like, but if you're buying gear, don't by crap and have to buy it again. You'd probably be best served buying one DECENT (HPR 122) powered speaker and putting that up on a stick until you can afford more.

A single decent speaker, running vocals only, is a great place to start building a quality PA system.

• Members

I agree. Best plan of action is to start buying good gear piece by piece. Have a long term plan and try not to waste money on disposable gear.

If Behringer satisfies your needs then go with them. You can get much better speakers for a little more cash but your ears have to make the decision. Again, it isn't a good idea to waste money on disposable gear.

• Members

thanks for the tips, DCA, if I had $1250 to spare I wouldnt be asking about behringer speakers LOL.

I'm trying to sell my sportster right now, if that happens I'll be able to pick up some nice mains and maybe a new board

• Members

Looking up on craigslist is you best bet.

Jacksonville seems to be the closest place to you that has a craiglist section.

On a quick search I found this. Granted, neither are great but I don't think the prices are bad and they'll do what you want, pretty much.

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/msg/1547843716.html

Sound Equipment - $400 (Jacksonville)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2010-01-11, 3:39PM EST

Reply to:
[Errors when replying to ads?]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

JBL EON-15 Speakers w/ stands, Yamaha Mixer, Crown Amp, Equalizer, and Teac cd/cassette deck. All for $400 OBO. For more info call 813-436-6483.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1547843716

and this one. http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/msg/1571526495.html

Electrovoice EV PA Speaker Cabinets and Subwoofer - $1 (Mandarin)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2010-01-26, 12:54PM EST

Reply to:
[Errors when replying to ads?]

Electrovoice SX100+ PA speakers! High quality 12" + horn speaker. Great shape, can be used as either fronts or monitors. Buy the pair for $500

Electro Voice S-181 Subwoofer. 18" speaker. Would work great as a system with the SX100+. $400

904-318-1232

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1571526495

Archived