Disable built-in effects of Behringer 1222FX?

• Members

I am not sure if anyone has experience with Behringer 1222FX. It has a built-in effect processor. But I would like to hook up an external effect processor. How can I disable or bypass its internal one? It is not clear to me from the manual.

Thanks in advance

• CMS Author

So the FX send doesn't contain any of the internal effects?

Sorry, I've read the manual and can't make it out either. With no block diagram, and the chopped-up description of the controls, you'll have to simply experiment. I'm guessing that you simply leave the internal unit off (select no efx...."00" perhaps?) and raise the EFX to Main control and EFX send fader, and each EFX send for channels you want in the external unit.

• Members

The FX send is switch, if there is no cable plugged into the FX send jack then the signal will route to the internal FX. If it is plugged in then will go out FX send andthe internal FX are dis-engaged. The external FX can be plugged in anywhere, channel strips work really well (make sure the aux that drives the FX is turned OFF).

• Members

The external FX can be plugged in anywhere, channel strips work really well (make sure the aux that drives the FX is turned OFF).

If aux is turned OFF, does it mean there will be signal going out to FX send?

• Members

^^^^^^ Maybe not...

There is a 122fx (the older model) in a bar that I play in. It is powered up from lunchtime til midnight or so, used for background music in the bar and 2 gigs a day. Its been there at least 3-4 years and no problems at all.

If I started my truck every day and just let it run in the driveway, I probably would never wear out my tires, ball joints, brakes, or other components.

• Members

If aux is turned OFF, does it mean there will be signal going out to FX send?

I guess I should have said if you route the FX back into a channel (not aux return) make sure that channel has the FX AUX send turned down. Ex: if the FX AUX send is Aux 3, then the channel the FX return is routed to (ch15/16?) has Aux 3 turned down.

When you're dealing with a parallel effect (reverbs/delays etc are parallel, dynamics, comps,gates etc are serial) it is important to understand the that there is no relationship between aux send and aux return on a mixer, none. Label your FX cables as SEND and RETURN as well. The more regular ol' MONO channels you board has the easier it is, you've got room to put just about anything in those main channels. The smaller mixers make it hard since they use stereo channels with no eq, 2 sets per strip, tape inputs (who uses tape still?) that go toa switch then mains/control room outs. I'm looking at this behringer mixer on my desk used for recording (L/R busses are becoming more and more intermittent). Every input and output is being used, except CR outs.

The little mixers are more confusing than the big ones!

Archived