In Ear Monitors

• Members

Im lookin to buy a set of in ears and want to get something that i won't end up needing to replace down the road. What set up would you guys recommend? Oh yeah, I headbang a lot so I'm gonna need some ear buds that won't come flying out! Any help would be great!

Thanks,

-chase

• Members

How much do you want to spend? You left the options too wide open to answer. Here is a nice option you won't outgrow soon for a mere $1K per person.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sennheiser-ew-300-IEM-G3-InEar-Wireless-Sys?sku=620198

I shopped and bought AT M3's for half that and expect to be happy for a long time, or until the FCC sells off my band for some uber-geek toy to use.

• Members

Run the signal to input 1 and use a short XLR patch from the output on channel 1 to the input on channel 2. Balance the signals between both inputs and you will have a noticeably louder signal with much more headroom. This works great and allows more gain before the limiters kick in. The early limiters are the only downside that I noticed with the 200 system. This workaround eliminates that downside.

• Members

I don't wanna spend over 1500..how do you get the custom ear buds and how much do they run?

saw these on fleabay last night.... http://tinyurl.com/yhkaqcr

not shure if this is a good deal or not.

with in ears, do you need a transmitter for each band member? or will 1 transmitter and say 4 or 5 body packs work? would you only need additional tranmitters for additional monitor mixes?

• Members

JW, Thanks for the link you provided, I was looking for something like this to work with my Shure SCL4's. Which style did you get, the canal only or the full shell? Did you do your own ear impression or have an audiologist do it for you, thanks for the info,

• Members

JW, Thanks for the link you provided, I was looking for something like this to work with my Shure SCL4's. Which style did you get, the canal only or the full shell? Did you do your own ear impression or have an audiologist do it for you, thanks for the info,

I got the canal only. I did my own impressions. I

• Members

Run the signal to input 1 and use a short XLR patch from the output on channel 1 to the input on channel 2. Balance the signals between both inputs and you will have a noticeably louder signal with much more headroom. This works great and allows more gain before the limiters kick in. The early limiters are the only downside that I noticed with the 200 system. This workaround eliminates that downside.

going to try this , thanks for the tip!

I think this is my main concern with the psm 200, I am close to getting a Mipro 808t/r system (dual diversity).

last gig the keys (mini moog ) sucked everything , usually only short passages . but shouldnt happen.

I also use E5 with custom molds local audiologist did for me for $150.

really like using IEM's and dont want to go back to wedges and feedback :facepalm:

• Members

going to try this , thanks for the tip!

I think this is my main concern with the psm 200, I am close to getting a Mipro 808t/r system (dual diversity).

last gig the keys (mini moog ) sucked everything , usually only short passages . but shouldnt happen.

I also use E5 with custom molds local audiologist did for me for $150.

really like using IEM's and dont want to go back to wedges and feedback
:facepalm:

I can

• Members

Found this set and looks pretty cool..

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Shure-PSM-400-Wireless-Personal-Performance-Pack?sku=243601

Just looks like the ear buds arent that good but i saw this

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Shure-SCL5-Dual-Driver-Sound-Isolating-Earphones?sku=270698

Would any of you recomend this set up? Im assuming I would need to get a custom mold of these ear buds too?

• Members

Found this set and looks pretty cool..

Just looks like the ear buds arent that good but i saw this

Would any of you recomend this set up? Im assuming I would need to get a custom mold of these ear buds too?

Do you really need stereo? This unit is roughly the same as the PSM200 but costs a lot more. We A/Bd them and decided that the 200 would be fine for us. We didn

• Members

We use the Sennheiser G2 series wirless units and had custom buds made for us by Ultimate Ears (UE7 model)

Do yourself a favor and get custom buds made, you will not regret it. Even the custom molds for universal buds do not seal as well as a full custom bud and are sonically superior if you get a good pair.

Archived