Headset Wireless Mic for Female Vocalist

• Members

If she's got a "softer voice" - consider the Crown CM311 - wired for whatever wireless body pack / receiver setup you want to use (I use a Shure PGX wireless setup with mine). The Crown has fantastic "gain before feedback" characteristics - meaning that you'll get more of her "softer voice" before the mic starts feeding back.

• Members

The CM311 is the best choice for any but the loudest vocalist (very loud vocalists might get by with something else).

However I don't consider the fidelity to be of 'Lead Vocalist Quality'. I don't consider the PGX and SLX to be of 'LVQ' either, even when used with handhelds. If she MUST be wireless, an EW300 with a handheld 935 capsule would be desirable, an EW100/835 would be tolerable.

• Members

I don't agree with the above SQ assessment of the CM311. I have only had one male vocal I couldn't dial to my satisfaction. They are my first choice, go to immediately headset. The OP specified a headset for a vocalist with a weak voice, and I think the search stops at Crown.

• Members

+1 for the crown cm311a.

I think they sound very good and have the best GBF for a headset that I've observed. They are a bit clunky vs the countryman isomax style (theater-esque) headsets...but I think are more suited to band stages.

Archived