Anyone performing/mixing ashow in Seattle this coming week?

• Members

I'm in Seattle for a conference Feb. 2-6 and would like to see a good show. I know I've seen many frequent posters on here who are from or frequent the SeaTac area and while I'm looking for tips on things to do in the evenings, I'd really like to look over someone's shoulder when they're mixing a gig. (I promise not to get in the way and I'm actually pretty useful if you need a hand or someone to run lights. (Did that for 4 years in college.))

Ideas?

• Members

Come to PJ Pockets in Federal Way on thursday though 9:30 to 1:30. My live band karaoke is playing evey week, check out the old ass community 3way boxes powered by ramsa amps that sound really tired. It's not a loud gig so no need for earplugs but know that really bad singing happens there too.

• Members

Alice in Chains plays Thursday and Friday. (tix probably sold out though)

You could always walk on the ferry to Bremerton for a round trip journey. The view of Seattle from the water is pretty spectacular. It's 45 min one way.

• Members

Thanks for the tip... StubHub says they have tix... for $70/ea.?!? No thanks. The Paramount is only two blocks from my hotel, though... might see if I can buy a cheap ticket on the street. I'm assuming that's still legal in Seattle?!?

I'm on a ferry for a conference tour to Bainbridge on Thurs. Morning so I'll get my scenic vista fix then I think.

What about guitar/pawn shops? I'm planning to walk S. to Emerald City Guitars and Bass Northwest at the very least... worth going N. to GC? I've hear that Capitol Loans on Pine has lots of gear... any other can't miss?!?

• Members

+1 for emerald city guitar and bass northwest, not walking distance from the paramount though. See whose at the triple door, that's a great room with a PM1D for FOH and mons (1 board) and the FOH guy mixes with a tablet. Head up to freemont, Nectars, High Dive (eh.), Tost has Michael Shrieve mondays and a great funk band thursdays. Ballard has slowed down over the last 10 years but there still is the Tractor and the Sunset. Capitol hill has Neumos and a few other places. Grab a Stranger (weekly newspaper) when you get into town.

• Members

Thanks for the tip... StubHub says they have tix... for $70/ea.?!? No thanks. The Paramount is only two blocks from my hotel, though... might see if I can buy a cheap ticket on the street. I'm assuming that's still legal in Seattle?!?

I'm on a ferry for a conference tour to Bainbridge on Thurs. Morning so I'll get my scenic vista fix then I think.

What about guitar/pawn shops? I'm planning to walk S. to Emerald City Guitars and Bass Northwest at the very least... worth going N. to GC? I've hear that Capitol Loans on Pine has lots of gear... any other can't miss?!?

Still legal to buy scalper tix. But you won't get them for less than $70, and you have a high chance of getting fakes.

BassNW and Emerald City Guitars...excellent choices. Emerald City Guitars is close to The Central...the club is a dive, but the hot dog stand outside rocks.

The downtown GC is one of the best in the area (of 4), IMHO. Plus that puts you fairly near Experience Music Project / Space Needle / IMAX. Worth a visit if you haven't been.

Archived