older EV FM1502 for a drum wedge?

• Members

I'm outfitting a C rig that stays in a somewhat questionable neighborhood (:cop:) all summer for about 40 shows. Last year i had put all of my older Yam club wedges, but the club sm15IV didn't quite make it for a drum wedge. I remember those EVs as pretty kickin' cabinets 15 years ago , heavy but nice sounding. There's on in a pawn shop locally.

• Members

I get to use a couple of the 12" version sometimes - I don't think they go very low but they sure are loud :eek:. Even with the 15's you'll need a sub under it to get that modern "rupture my spleen" drummer's monitor thing goin'. I've heard that just about any 2x15 + horn cab works well for this, even a JRX - maybe you can get one of those cheap? I find a 12 + horn cab on a short stand works good for a drummer if he doesn't need drums in it - gets the horn up at ear level just like a 2x15 would :cool:. I usually do the same for the keyboard player's monitor.

• Members

I play at a club that until recently had two EV FM1502 wedges for the drums - one on each side. They did the trick, but I "hear" that the drummers are happier now that the club has switched to the more "standard" top and sub combo.

Don't know if that helps any. I hear you about the questionable neighbourhood. The EV might be the right tradeoff as far as sound versus cost of replacement goes.

Archived