A&H iLive R72

• Members

Hey all you pro audio experts,

Looks like A&H has a new unit on the block to contend with all the other small format digital mixers. I don't know if it would be a direct competition of the LS9, 01v, 02v, SL16.4.2, SL24.4.2, etc. but it does look like it's a very nice unit. Any thoughts on the pricing and features compared to the other small format digital mixers in the market?

http://www.ilive-digital.com/R72.html

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM10/article/Allen+&+Heath/Allen-Heath-Introduces-Footprint-Friendly-System-To-iLive-Digital-Mixing-Range

• Members

PROVIDED it does what's needed, without a lot of funky configuration work and goofy tricks.

I was reading a lot about it, and if it's anything like the larger iLive frames, everything is quick and easy.

The main complaint I have with it is most everything is done in the touch screen... and I HATE touch screens! Oh well, the control layout looks nice and I'd love to get a demo from my dealer. I'm pretty sure the touch screen is the same one as with the larger frames, and I had no problems getting to any adjustments (everything was within a click or two).

The biggest advantage to the iLive is it's expandability. Since all of the processing happens at the stage box, the control surfaces are merely just remote controllers. For me, this would be a fantastic monitor rig for my band... since the company I work with usually carries a larger iLive frame... my console (and it's settings etc.) can patch right into the main system and I have all my IEM mixes pre-set!

• Members

Andy you mentioned the paging needed

in 1993-95 ?? (any idea on model ###ss)

yamaha had a digital console, first one i had seen

i walked in blind to this small

screen and what seemed like 10 pages to set one vox to mix.

This was my first speariance with a none analog anything...

So back to OT

andy is right, i hate to page so i dislike most small digital

i enjoy looking up reaching up for a quick burp of verb

panning the ax away from where the player walks sending him

to dbbl check his pan settings, cant move that fast when your in

digital page hell. they have there place but for small live dynamic shows

its just a pain....

• Members

Andy you mentioned the paging needed

in 1993-95 ?? (any idea on model ###ss)

yamaha had a digital console, first one i had seen

i walked in blind to this small

screen and what seemed like 10 pages to set one vox to mix.

This was my first speariance with a none analog anything...

So back to OT

andy is right, i hate to page so i dislike most small digital

i enjoy looking up reaching up for a quick burp of verb

panning the ax away from where the player walks sending him

to dbbl check his pan settings, cant move that fast when your in

digital page hell. they have there place but for small live dynamic shows

its just a pain....

I think this A&H is user friendly even if someone have to go through pages. Maybe the fact that has a touch screen could make things easier.Theres a video in you tube from one of the guys from A&H.

• Members

IMO, nowhere nearly as user friendly as say a MixWiz (unless you REALLY need all the processing).

User interface is the chief drawback of the digital console platform, and when the smaller boards figure out how to make them user friendly on the fly, the shift will take on speed.

• Members

IMO, nowhere nearly as user friendly as say a MixWiz (unless you REALLY need all the processing).

User interface is the chief drawback of the digital console platform, and when the smaller boards figure out how to make them user friendly on the fly, the shift will take on speed.

I'm not sure if you've had hands on experience with the LS9 but because they are at about the same price point, how would you compare the R72 to the LS9?

Archived