Monitors

• Members

Hi guys,

Normally been hanging around in the amps/effects section, as I was buying a lot of new pedals and a new amp, but now I have a question for the peeps in here if that's ok?

I'm looking for recommendations for a monitor that I can use for smaller, acoustic guitar based gigs in bars and small clubs. Normally there is just one guitar and one vocalist, so I really don't need a regular sized stage monitor with masses of output.

We can usually hear ourselves well enough without a monitor, but I'm experimenting with some looped acoustic guitar tracks so I can play lead parts over the top, and we're finding it hard hearing these amongst the vocals and the main guitar parts I'm playing - so it's difficult to keep everything in time.

I currently have a very simple PA - behringer mixer with two active Wharfdale speakers - it is loud enough to be used for the vocalist in a full band rehersal, so is plenty loud for the acoustic gigs I've been doing.

I've had a little look online, but every monitor I come across seems to be quite big and bulky, or boasting huge power - all of which I don't require!

Thanks

Keir

• Members

after checking up on the first suggestion, I realise I maybe should have mentioned what my budget is, lol.

I wasn't looking to spend a lot of money if I could avoid it, and was thinking more along the lines of something like this:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_box_ma82cl.htm?sid=908a7ef6f67451986f6c019103394d6e

the guys at my locla open mic have one, and say it's pretty good, but it's maybe A BIT small.

I dunno, I'll hopefully get a good shot of it tonight, but something around

Archived