OT: Valentine's Day plans

• Members

I know this is way off topic, and really has nothing to do with music, but this is where I do most of my posting on this forum. So I thought I would get your ideas, since a lot of you have good ones!

My wife and I are in money saving mode, so I was thinking it would be cheaper on Sunday to cook her dinner rather than take her out somewhere. Although there is a really good restaurant about 10min away, but it would be like $200 for us to eat.

Are any of you guys doing this, or are you gonna take the easy way out and take your significant other out somewhere?

If you are cooking, what?

Does anyone know any good recipes? I have been snooping around the Food Network website looking, but haven't found anything that jumped out at me yet.

• Members

Working on Saturday night with the band and Sunday, we tend to be kinda beat ...so we'll be celebrating on Friday night. We are fortunate this year, so I've picked up a couple gifts and will treat my wife to a classy meal at the local fancy restaurant. She likes that stuff...I'd be fine with a nice steak on the grill.

• Members

I take my wife out for dinner since I can't cook at all. She likes a good steak and there is snow on the ground so I don't fancy grilling out right now. After that, my best recipes come from The Old Mr. Boston Official Bartender's Guide, so I will try to "cook up" something for her once we get home.

• Members

I'm working all weekend, and my Wife is as well. She's a fashion designer, and one of the biggest shows kicks of in Vegas on Monday. So I'm having flower delivered on Fri, and then I'm going to take her to dinner on Sunday. If I wasn't working, I would have taken her to Vegas early and had a nice weekend. Oh well, work is money, can't complain.

• Members

Taking the GF to a pretty fancy restaurant in town. Expecting about $150 total but I owe her several right now so it's time to splurge some. It's basically an all you can eat brazillian steakhouse, almost 20 cuts and types of meat that they bring around the dining room and carve out onto yor plate.

• Members

Figures you get stuck with cooking duty
;)

I only have to cook at my house so only 8 people. At grandma's , I have 6 aunts and my mom, there is no room in the kitchen. You get yelled at there for stepping in the kitchen.They are cooking for about 30ish. folks. :thu:

My inlaws like to eat out. I think that is why my lady can't cook. She is like a microwave/reheating expert though. :)

• Members

I'd planned for a nice dinner and dancing out for last night but my my wife has a paper due over the weekend and asked to stay home to work on it. We ordered pizza.

We were supposed to play a gig tonight but the two-plus feet of snow that fell over the last week made it impossible to get our trailer out. Couple that with the fact that the event location isn't adequately dug out, and we had to cancel. We'll reschedule down the line. Tonight, we're editing her paper so she can get it out to her team tomorrow.

Tomorrow I work all day, leave about 7:00am, get home about 9:00pm. We'll do lunch, just like every other Sunday.

Does getting flowers delivered on Friday count?

• Members

I only have to cook at my house so only 8 people. At grandma's , I have 6 aunts and my mom, there is no room in the kitchen. You get yelled at there for stepping in the kitchen.They are cooking for about 30ish. folks.
:thu:
My inlaws like to eat out. I think that is why my lady can't cook. She is like a microwave/reheating expert though.
:)

Yeah, I love the Asian style celebrations!!! my Wife is Korean, so i can relate somewhat...

hehe

T

• Members

luckily for me I'm a really good cook, so I can make a better dinner than most places we would go out to eat, sans a high end places with pro chefs and I cant afford that anyway. So, I'll be doing the making dinner for us tonight, keepin it simple.

I got my Valentines gift last night, a card and some expensive cologne. money is really tight right now so I was actually kind of pissed that she spent the cash on it. She likes to spoil me, one year I got a Harley Sportster for Valentines and I got a new Gretsch Drum kit this xmas.

• Members

We don't do the flowers, candy & dinner thing as Liz doesn't much care for candy or flowers, and dinner out is an approx. 2 1/2 hr. round-trip drive... so she usually makes a batch of my favorite cookies and I attempt to complete at least one of her wish list projects on Valentines day. My current wish list project is to complete and submit the Gurney garden seed order. After that I hope to finish-up my tool sorting & tool-box rehab project, since the piles of tools have been scattered across most every flat surface of the shop for approx. 2 weeks. The tool sorting & rehab project has turned out to be far more of an involved task than I ever imagined it could be... but it should be nice when it's done-done. Hopefully I can wrap-up the seed order, and tool sorting project by this afternoon (I can see the light at the end of the tunnel on these two projects), and then tie into giving her bike the big spring service and cleaning.

Sounds romatic huh?

I better get back to it...

• Members

Yesterday afternoon, we discussed that since money was tight, we weren't getting each other anything, and would just have a night to ourselves. Not five minutes later, there's a knock on the door. She opens it and it's a guy from the local flower shop holding a massive flower arrangement.

For the people next door.

So now, I'm thinking I need to get her something, hah.

Archived