Which A&H Mixwizard Case?

• Members

I use an SKB Mini Gig Rig, with 6 spaces below.

I have it loaded with:

Power Strip

4 channel compressor

2 channel comp/gate

Equalizer, 15 band, 2 channel for FOH

CD player (used mostly for set-up/sound check of the PA)

Output strip on the back (4 channels for monitors, 2 channels for FOH)

Convenient, ready to go

Easy hook up

Ratcheting, Variable angle of mixer

Rugged, durable

Dislikes:

Heavy: it's a 2 person lift, and no wheels

I'm sure there are many other good choices out there, but I've liked mine.

Good coice of mixers - Good luck finding your ideal setup!

• Members

i've used the craptastic SKB pop up case, which got demoted to my mackie. the mixwiz does fit in there, but just barely and it doesnt look like it will. now i use a grundorf case that the mixwiz does not bolt in, just sets in. i prefer the grundorf. the mixwiz did rip out the hing on the skb after a while, i redid the rivets and put in the mackie which is a good match both physically and quality of product (poor).

• Members

I've seen few if any pieces of SKB over 6 months old on which every piece of hardware worked correctly.

mine does, especially after i redid the hinge. and added a wing nut when the plastic knob went awol. i got it for next to nothing, which is a little more than its worth.

• Members

I have 2 SKB mixer cases with busted hinges. I'll sell them for shipping if anyone is interested! I don't like them!

The the mixwiz I bought a calzone that the board sits in. It was used and I had to cut the foam just right. If it'll fit in a RR19M then I'll do it, in fact I may do this tonight to see if it works. Right now the RR19M houses an 01V, so I may have to buy another if it fits well...

• Members

With out going custom cases... The next best thing is Road Ready. Yes, they cost a few more bucks than SKB, but they are very strong and can protect your equipment.

Are you looking to rack just the MixWiz or are you looking to have a few rack spaces below the mixer for EQ/Comp/Gates?

• Members

Thanks for all the replies, guys. I'm looking for something that can have the patch bay rotated so that it's 90 degrees from the mixer and not on the backside... it seems like that will be the easiest in the long run.

I had looked at those SKB cases with the folding hinge, and I just didn't have a good feeling about them. You guys seem to echo that in practice that cover is as flimsy as I expected.

I have looked also at the gigrack because it would be nice to have a few rack spaces beneath the mixer for EQ and comp/gate. It really will come down to weight.

I'm looking at the Roadrunner 19M, does this thing actually have the mixer fit into it? Can the patch bay be set at 90 degrees and fit?

• Members

We use a Grundorf slant top with 12 spaces under. Love it. We use powered monitors, so this is a single-stop FOH solution for us. All EQ's and other outboard gear as well as the power amps are located in a single, albeit very heavy box. Ours is on casters.

TLR.jpg

Ours is the one furthest left.

http://www.grundorf.com/index.php?Type=CASE&Application=M

• Members

mine is in the road ready case. i like it so far. it's got a neat little cutout in the back that can be removed, the snake wired all lay in the resulting empty space allowing you to put the lid back on the case while the snake is plugged in. makes a nice deterrent to random folks that want to touch things when you walk away or go for dinner between setup and show time.

Archived