Need a Good, Cheap, SIMPLE Live-Sound Reverb Unit

• Members

I have an Adverb-III or something- after a few minutes, it begins to produce a feedback-like whine. Obviously, not good, so it's got to go.

But everything I can find that is affordable is just way too complicated. My needs:

1. Ability to add some amount of reverb to either vocals only, or the overall mix. We are talking two channels, max.

2. A selection of a FEW different types of 'verb would be good, but I really don't need 100 different reverb types- that many choices are just too much. For this kind of app, even plate and spring reverb are of limited use.

3. An easy-to-read, even in bright sunlight, display, or an easy-to-read chart, right on the front of the unit, that says things like "1. Small Room. 2. Large Room. 3. Hall." etc.

4. NO other effects to confuse the issue. I don't want delay, or chorus, or any of that crap.

5. Minimal knobs. Really, I see no reason to have one knob for "level" of reverb, and another for "mix." That's redundant.

5. Low cost. This is so relative, so subjective, I would be a fool to set limits, but if I could find a used unit for under $50, I'd kiss you. Or not,if you prefer.

6. Robust design and construction. Able to survive the rigors of live sound.

Any suggestions?

• Members

Are you sure that you are not inadvertently routing the output of the reverb back to the input? (Your spec "1. Ability to add some amount of reverb to either vocals only, or the overall mix. We are talking two channels, max." leads me to believe that you may not have a handle on how to properly interface and dial in your mixer and your reverb.)

• Members

TC M300 is my fave. Alesis Microverb III (not II, though 1 was kinda cool in a 12bit way), I've got an ART from the late 90's that is ok. I don't like the Midiverb III, the Midiverb I and II and IV are great though. Find a Quadraverb II, those are nice but not "simple".

Archived