Some choices for wirelss handhelds at Guitar Center

• Members

There's a few handheld units on sale this weekend. My gut is leaning towards the Line 6 since most people seem to like the instrument wireless and it's easily rack mountable.

$239 Line 6 X2 XDR955 Handheld

$249 - Digital Reference DR-3600

$149 - Digital Reference DR2606

• Members

The Line 6 is the only "digital" microphone on your list. The other 2 just have the word in the brand name, but they are analog.

I use the XDR955 regularly and the sound is very good. No noise at all. Compared to my Shure SRX and Sennheiser EW100 mics, the signal is cleaner. The only things I'm not jazzed about is the handling noise of the XDR955 is higher than my Shure SRX. The pickup pattern of the microphone is not all that tight either so there's more bleed. It's not quite as bad as a typical condenser mic, but it does have less gain before feedback than a Shure Beta 58A (which, to be fair, is one of the best gain before feedback mics out there, but also has a heck of a proximity effect).

I may be getting a bit over your head. Bottom line, at $239 I would recommend the Line 6. There's not much else, if anything, out there at that price point that's worth a darn. It's an "all plastic" receiver so I'd recommend racking it. The sound is good and the extra large battery indicator LED's on the receiver are nice to have.

• Members

The Line 6 is the only "digital" microphone on your list. The other 2 just have the word in the brand name, but they are analog.

I use the XDR955 regularly and the sound is very good. No noise at all. Compared to my Shure SRX and Sennheiser EW100 mics, the signal is cleaner. The only things I'm not jazzed about is the handling noise of the XDR955 is higher than my Shure SRX. The pickup pattern of the microphone is not all that tight either so there's more bleed. It's not quite as bad as a typical condenser mic, but it does have less gain before feedback than a Shure Beta 58A (which, to be fair, is one of the best gain before feedback mics out there, but also has a heck of a proximity effect).

I may be getting a bit over your head. Bottom line, at $239 I would recommend the Line 6. There's not much else, if anything, out there at that price point that's worth a darn. It's an "all plastic" receiver so I'd recommend racking it. The sound is good and the extra large battery indicator LED's on the receiver are nice to have.

Yep, what he said. I own one as well and - well, what he said.

Archived