peavey xr600b advice

• Members

I picked up a trusty peavey xr600b powered mixer along with a pair of old peavey international series 112 speakers to match.

This system will be used for our practice space to provide low volume vocal amplification with occasional acoustic guitar and/or keyboard running through it.

We use 3 mics(sm57's) for vocals, passive drums, guitars/bass into amps and TRY to keep the practice volume as low as possible.

The speakers are 8 ohm 150 watts cont. They have 1/4" jacks and 1000hz built in crossover

The mixer is 210 watts into 4ohms, 300 watts into 2 ohms has 2- 1/4" outputs on back

So, my question, is this pretty much a no brainer, plug one speaker into each side and go? or is there a better way to hook this up for the application?

Also any advice on how to eq this mixer, how to get the "best" reverb out of the unit etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Members

I'm pretty sure the speaker outs are in parallel. Should work great for what you are doing.

dk

Yup, the mixer manual says that they are parallel outputs. If you dont mind a newbie asking, what does that mean?

Also, the speakers have 2 inputs labeled "normal" and 2 inputs labeled "bi amp". What does this mean?

• Members

Parallel means that both speaker jacks are fed from the same amp.

The normal inputs on your speakers utilize the internal crossover, the biamp input jacks are for when you have an external active crossover and seperate amps for lows and highs. Use the normal inputs.

• Members

Parallel means that both speaker jacks are fed from the same amp.

The normal inputs on your speakers utilize the internal crossover, the biamp input jacks are for when you have an external active crossover and seperate amps for lows and highs. Use the normal inputs.

^^^^This^^^^^^. I woked retail when that stuff was new, and the number of people who shredded diaphragms by plugging into the High input was staggering. This even after I would tell them 3 seperate times "Don't use the Hi/Lo inputs!"

Archived