behringer di800 question

• Members

I will be needing to split a guitar signal seven times:facepalm:. The options ive seen (other than the 1k dollar units) would be use a few of the morley triple shots linked up (which I think will eliminate all tone, or will it)

or would the behringer unit work for this purpose. Unless I'm not understanding this, I could go to input #1 with guitar/output to amp 1/ link to input #2/ output to amp 2/ link to input #3 etc. Or is this not feasible

Or are there units within the 2 to 3 hundred range that will do this

Lee

• Members

I cut and paste from an earlier post I submitted,

here is the reason

Hey guys

I have asked around everywhere and am sorry if this is the wrong place.

I have several tube amps that I will be running at once. All will be controlled via a Voodoo labs GCX system. I realize I will probably have some ground loop issues.

Will the rackmount ebtech hum eliminator help with these issues or do they suck tone. I will be using the ebtech before the input of each amp running, or is there another way to battle the beast, like maybe the ART T8...

I have seen the VL amp switchers which have the ground break built in, but I will be running 8 at once, and need a little more control over which ones are on and sequencing of amps in use. (this is not a live rig if you have not guessed already) I am a amp addict and always thought it would sound awesome to run em all at once.

one amp will be for clean and the others stay distorted, so I dont worry about channel switching on the amps, I will just switch amps.

Thanks for the help or ideas

Lee

I was actually worrying about a problem I dont yet have in that post.

The question about the signal splitter is the voodoo labs gcx aren't amp splitters (according to Voodoo labs)

so I need to split the signal in order to use the midi ins of the gcx (voodoo labs recomended a double split, guitar in to gcx/ there are two outs on the back panel, from each out split/ one split into four, one split into three)

thanks

Lee

• Members

You need a specialized distribution amp. Paralleling a bunch of DI's will result in an input impedance that is too low, and regardless, there is no isolation at the 1/4" outputs.

The Rane unit would be ideal except thatthe input impedance is also too low, a customized input stage or a 1 in x 1 out buffer would be required.

YOu will need to work with an experienced tech to pull this off well. It's also going to cost you some real money... but you already have a bunch of money invested in your guitars & amps so another thousand or so won't break the bank.

Archived