EAW SB250 subs

• Members

Powered at about 1200 watts/4 ohm they are pretty reasonable performers. Be sure they have good, original drivers. I see these with the suspensions all torn to hell from being powered by stupid-big bridged amps. I recone them and the cost is roughly $200 each driver so buyer beware.

• Members

Thanks AH for your always prescient input. These are being sold locally and current asking price is $900. for the pair. I haven't had the chance to check them out personally and have not even seen pix of the boxes. I would imagine, as with most things for sale, these can be negotiated.

That being said, I would presume that these would be a much better sub choice (and perhaps long term solution) than the Carvin TR1801's that I am currently using for my covers band.

Stix

• Members

A cardboard box with an 18" driver loaded into it would be an upgrade over the TR1801.

A local club has (8) of those EAW subs and they seem to take a lot of abuse and keep on ticking, if they are in decent shape the price seems fair for the pair.

• Members

BTW, OP-

900 for a pair is a good deal on those. I would, as others have suggested, take them on a test run. Ask what amp got used to power them, & what DSP or HPF was used. The answers to those questions can really clue you into what you might be getting into. For example, If the guy says he bridges QSC 4050's into each one, then says he never used a HPF, then I might pass.

Todd

• Members

I got a lot of friends I haven't seem in awhile
;)

Are they that rare and desirable out that way? :eek:

I think there are two pairs still available but the second pair is being worked on. They were bought out of an install in upperstate NY somewhere with three blown drivers that are being reconed last I knew. The "asking" price was $1100/pr but they've been for sale for a while ;).

Archived