• Members

I've been mixing some shows lately on an EV tourX rig, the 1152 over the dual 18 2181 subs, with fm1152 wedges.. very nice sounding rig. smooth horn on those cabs, good headroom. Very pro level sounding boxes. I like the grill, the size and weight too. the jackplate is nice since it angles down so the speakons sit against the cabs. the handles arent very good. These were powered by two p7000s yamaha amps and a DRPA+. 300-500 person outside concerts. I would seriously consider these myself, actually double this would be a pretty small cool rig. I like them better than my MRX. The tops are flyable, with rotatable 60x40 horn, but not biampable.

anyhow, take a look at this series. I may just go to these instead of my getting old SRX 4700

• Members

I bought my Tour X speakers last summer. I have a pair of the single 18"s and a pair of the 12" 2-ways. I run them off of two QSC2450s. Punchy bass and great vocal clarity.

Used exclusively in smaller bars 100-200 people. I think they are great. I'm amazed you don't see more of these out there. I definately want to pick up a second set to double up what I have.

• Members

I would love to hear the Tour X in real life use! When is your next show? If you can give me a heads up perhaps this time I can make it out for a show.

Thanks, Robert

send me a PM. I have about 30 shows to do on the system, either me of one of my two other engineers. I have Tommy Tutone, Lisa Loeb and a bunch of other acts to mix on the rig.

• Members

send me a PM. I have about 30 shows to do on the system, either me of one of my two other engineers. I have Tommy Tutone, Lisa Loeb and a bunch of other acts to mix on the rig.

I have to ask, you're mixing them on an EV Tour X rig?? That would be a step down from SRX/QRX, and they're cool with this?

• Members

I have to ask, you're mixing them on an EV Tour X rig?? That would be a step down from SRX/QRX, and they're cool with this?

totally. along with a bunch of other bands. the system sounds really nice. I've mixed piles of shows on QRx and Xarray, both local bands and big name acts.. I think these tops are pretty darn close to the QRx. not the subs though.. I'm comfortable with running these shows on the rig. That's what matters in this case anyways since it's my call. if the system is reasonably implemented and of good quality for the size event, that's what counts.

• Members

I think he's saying that many artists don't know the difference between high end and low end EV - as long as it has the EV emblem on it it's
:thu:

very true on a lot of things. and of course our job is to not try to sneak something crappy in just because it has the right emblem, but rather to use a reasonable tool for the job. Normally i would agree that QRx, SRX would be where you start for quality tools for a name concert. But, if you had a small venue with the right act, even an MRX system set up and tuned properly would be fine, no?

• Members

While it is true that the TourX would be prolly ok for the

it's difficult to render an opinion on equipment you haven't ever heard before in an event scenario. I was surprised at how well the system works. the TourX tops outrun my QRX115/75

• Members

I've heard the boxes, and they do sound great. It isn't about SPL it's about how clean it stays once its at crusing speed so to speak. The only boxes I heard @ crusing speed were the 12 and 15" monitors, they did sound great but just seemed to not have 4th gear when push came to shove. Yeah they got loud, the 15 seemed to be doing a lot of the work (2.5k xover). The single 18 sub seems about as useless as the T180 sub though. The dual 18 I'd expect good things from though I haven't heard it.

• Members

I use the TX 12" monitors and really like them. They are small, light weight, and sound good. They have no trouble getting loud enough to get over my band's stage volume. Really nice little monitors. I havn't heard any of the other TX boxes, but I bet they sound pretty good.

Archived