Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technical Pro subwoofers

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 year warranty. i think im falling for it.

last chance to convince me otherwise, anyone have any actual experience with they're speakers?

anything that should worry me about these specs?:
    # Peak Power: 2000 Watts
    # 500W x 2 Channel Sub Amp
    # 3" Voice coil
    # 90 Oz. Magnet structure
    # 200 Hz Switchable satellite high-pass filter
    # 40-300 Hz Adjustable subwoofer low-pass filter
    # 110-220V Switchable power select
    # 2-Channel speaker output with balance modulator
    # Impedance: 8 ohm
    # Sensitivity: 102 dB
    # Frequency Response: 30-300 Hz
    1000w rms

Inputs = RCA !

Have you seen any other pro subs with RCA inputs?

Price should not be your primary criteria for this type of purchase. It is cheap for a reason.

Rick

Comment

It has to be good. It has "Pro" in its name,.
      tlbonehead@yahoo.com
      www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
      -For Sale:
      -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
      -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
      - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
      - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
      - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

1 year warranty. i think im falling for it.

last chance to convince me otherwise, anyone have any actual experience with they're speakers?

anything that should worry me about these specs?:
        # Peak Power: 2000 Watts
        # 500W x 2 Channel Sub Amp
        # 3" Voice coil
        # 90 Oz. Magnet structure
        # 200 Hz Switchable satellite high-pass filter
        # 40-300 Hz Adjustable subwoofer low-pass filter
        # 110-220V Switchable power select
        # 2-Channel speaker output with balance modulator
        # Impedance: 8 ohm
        # Sensitivity: 102 dB
        # Frequency Response: 30-300 Hz
        1000w rms
        not to be mean, but every comment has been negative and you've totally ignored the commenters. So why even ask this question? You know everyone's thoughts.
        tlbonehead@yahoo.com
        -For Sale:
        -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
        - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD

Comment

not to be mean, but every comment has been negative and you've totally ignored the commenters. So why even ask this question? You know everyone's thoughts.

Im still asking cuz im hoping to get another answer from someone whose used equipment from them.
          Also i know little about speakers, so im hoping that if someone with experience sees something seriously wrong with the specifications, they will tell me.

Comment

Im still asking cuz im hoping to get another answer from someone whose used equipment from them.
            Also i know little about speakers, so im hoping that if someone with experience sees something seriously wrong with the specifications, they will tell me.
            well, the specs to worry about are the ones that aren't there. Gives them lots of room to mess with big numbers if you don't include the important stuff. So beyond them being total junk, what else do you want to know?
            tlbonehead@yahoo.com
            -For Sale:

Comment

Why is everyone still talking about this, he's obviously made up his mind. Just buy the thing dude.

Comment

Why is everyone still talking about this, he's obviously made up his mind. Just buy the thing dude.
                make sure they send those RCA to XLR adaptors along!
                tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                -For Sale:

Comment

Those heavy sawdust cabs don't interest me but these look interesting:
                  http://www.technicalhifi.com/prods.php?prod=BASSNEO-1501
                  $300 shipped:
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390219234805
                  I think someone here bought a couple of the passive version but hasn't reported back as to how they are.

Comment

Post #4

Comment

The problem with them is they they aren't really even a company. The stuff is made overseas by who knows, then sold/distributed by an importer who could care less about the product. There are many many many factories in china, the factory that makes these prolly makes that model for Nady, Gemsound, Pyle and many other names with slightly different speakers and for sure a different badge. And the company called Technical Pro gets their other speakers from different factories all of which have as much business making speakers as they do making plastic dolls, or fake rolex watches. The people actually assembling them don't care, it goes in a box and they make another 75 cents for the day. How good do you think they are?

Actually I'd like your opinion on them. really. honestly.
                      www.rock-bot.com
                      Live-Band-Karaoke

bassist and sound reinforcement

Comment

buy one and let us know. Cause I would sure love to sell my subs and pocket about a grand.
                        Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob

The Regulars

Comment

Those heavy sawdust cabs don't interest me but these look interesting:
                          http://www.technicalhifi.com/prods.php?prod=BASSNEO-1501
                          $300 shipped:
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390219234805
                          I think someone here bought a couple of the passive version but hasn't reported back as to how they are.

That would be ME.

They were $189 EACH shipped via eBay. I did report my initial test but haven't used them yet with my drpa (or a real crossover for that matter). The so-called built-in passive low pass filter seem to pass frequencies WAY high, more like the capability of the woofer itself ;>(. Look for a thread (I know, search broken ;>( lightweight plastic subs or something like that.

Boomerweps

Comment

They were $189 EACH shipped via eBay. I did report my initial test but haven't used them yet with my drpa (or a real crossover for that matter). The so-called built-in passive low pass filter seem to pass frequencies WAY high, more like the capability of the woofer itself ;>(.
                            Please let us know how they work properly crossed over .
                            http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2630011

Comment

well, the specs to worry about are the ones that aren't there. Gives them lots of room to mess with big numbers if you don't include the important stuff. So beyond them being total junk, what else do you want to know?

Seriously, don't waste your time or ours... these folks aren't being gear snobs here... they've listed at LEAST a half dozen SOLID reasons to put it out of your mind. You're just not listening...
                              Where the Mississippi River runs west...

Comment

Working...
                              X