mic connection

• Members

hmm. not familiar with that mic. i wonder do you have global phantom power on?

may have a damaged pin block, bad connection somewhere in the mic or a bad connection between pinblock and FXLR assuming you have ruled out the FXLR itself.

• Members

If the mic has had the pin block pulled out on accident (when removing the cable) a wire could be hanging by a thread. First I'd test the cable using the behringer cable tester, it has LEDs for intermittent signal which is vital for this.

• Members

Inspect the mic near the connector end. You should find a small screw. Tighten it! The problem will likely be gone, especially if it's a phantom powered condenser mic.

You forgot to mention that it might be a left handed thread. This MIGHT fix it but the mic should get the lo side of the DC through pin 1 anyway (if not none of my cables would work for phantom because I cut any jumper between the pin 1 & the case loop (with a lot of equipment, the chassis is seperate from the shield ground and bridging this causes ground loop hum)).

I'd CAREFULY give it a look. It's not that expensive of a mic (probably not worth a service shop visit) and a connection problem might be obvious.

Are you absolutly sure it isn't the cable or another channel causing the problem? Check these thoroughly first.

Archived