Funktion-1 Sound system for Live Music

• Members

I have heard a number of Funktion-1 rigs used for Dance Music, but never for a Live music performance. Went to the Elysium festival this past weekend (as a fan, not working)

I have to say that I was impressed- Vocals were clear, Guitars Smooth, bass punchy. Great separation of instruments & clarity was great.

Rig was 4 Resolution 3's over 4 F218's per side. Very impressive sound. I though the tuning was a bit bass-heavy, espcially in the 100-120Hz range, but I understand why- It was mostly a DJ based event, and they want the Low Thump.

Bottom line is that it changed my perception of the Funktion-one as a live P.A.

Rig was brought in by Funkworks here in Los Angeles.

• Members

Well, funktion 1 has a solid rep over in the UK and places in south america, but has only recently come over to north america. I've been reading about them for years but haven't seen a rig.

There's a lot of great sounding systems out there, and it's one I'd have to use myself before I really got an opinion on it. They look great though, and I've been hearing good things. I just find the aesthetic to be a little tacky.

• Members

I don't see why not.

You don't see them being used live as it's practically impossible to break into the rider acceptability of Martin Audio, Turbosound and D&B (In the UK).

Now that the name Funktion 1 is synonymous with Dance music / Clubs i doubt it'll ever make it big as a live system brand

• Members

I don't see why not.

You don't see them being used live as it's practically impossible to break into the rider acceptability of Martin Audio, Turbosound and D&B (In the UK).

Now that the name Funktion 1 is synonymous with Dance music / Clubs i doubt it'll ever make it big as a live system brand

Thats one thing I dont really get- Funktion-one IS Turbosound!!! The guys that designed al those Rider friendly speakers created The company.

But you may be right. That and the expense- 2x EAW. ow.

nonetheless, a great rig.

Archived