Awesome Marketing... Useless Product

• Members

Just curious on some of your opinions about products that are on the market today that are advertised as a must have when in reality they are not needed.

First one that comes to mind is a surge protector or something like this:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Monster-Power-PRO-1000-with-Clean-Power-Stage-2-Power-Outlets-102790748-i1125242.gc

Which can have you shelling out $150 for no benefit.

Are there any other items that you would tell a noob (like me) you will never need one of these OR the price just doesn't justify it?

• Members

Hmm, good question. Here's my list of things that are useless:

1 A&H MixWiz 16:2, 2 QSC HPR 153, 2 QSC HPR 181, 3 Sennheiser e835, 4 Shure SM57, 1 Blue Kickball, 1 Shure SM86, 1 Audix D6, 2 DBX 231, 1 Yamaha Stage Custom, 1 Marshall DSL100, 1 Marshall 1960B, 1 Ibanez RG, 1 Les Paul Studio Silverburst

:poke:

• Members

Hmm, good question. Here's my list of things that are useless:

1 A&H MixWiz 16:2, 2 QSC HPR 153, 2 QSC HPR 181, 3 Sennheiser e835, 4 Shure SM57, 1 Blue Kickball, 1 Shure SM86, 1 Audix D6, 2 DBX 231, 1 Yamaha Stage Custom, 1 Marshall DSL100, 1 Marshall 1960B, 1 Ibanez RG, 1 Les Paul Studio Silverburst

:poke:

LOL. Tell me about it! Trying to set up my drumset while playing guitar on top of my QSC stack is a PITA!

• Members

thats kinda mean bnelly.

funny though.

Tis a joke, just busting his chops :)

I actually have used a lot of that gear and still use a sm57 and e835. Used to have a Marshall but I'm a Boogie guy.

Was teetering between a mixwiz and the studiolive (got the studiolive)

• Members

A sonic maximizer actually does something, whether it's desirable or not is up for debate but at least it DOES something.

I wish someone who really knew what they were talking about could figure out what the hell those things really do and explain it.

I

Archived