***Al's TITAN SUB 12A review

• Members

COMING SOON.... :)

Just ordered this compact 50lb sub. for 499$ at my dealer. 3 year warranty, 250 watts RMS (500 peak) 12'' bandpass sub with variable crossover (hipass outs).

They use the same 12'' and similar power section as the Titan 12 active but use a bigger and deeper box, so low frequencies should be much improved. I'm hoping for similar and maybe somewhat better performance than Yorkville's LS200P/NX200P subs. It does have many more features and a lower price tag, so if performance is similar or better, they will represent a terrific value. I imagine a close coupled pair will perform much better than a single one, but I'm hoping to use this with small tops for smaller occasions (just ot fill in the bottom a little) and use my LS700P for bigger ones.

http://www.wharfedalepro.com/Home/Products/POWEREDLOUDSPEAKERS/TITANACTIVE/TITANSUBA12/tabid/321/Default.aspx

Al - Party-Time! DJ Services

• Members

Looks like and sez it's a reflex, not bandpass?

I'd guess a Flash15SA would BURY this little guy ...

The Titan 12 actives can actually put out surprising low frequencies for such a small cabinet (with a little EQ boost), so I figure this little guy will be quite good, although it doesn't go very low. (55hz) It's size, weight, price and 3 year warranty make it great for me for smaller bookings. Can't wait to test it out! :thu: I'm sure the proel offers better and deeper performance, but I know I won't have any problem having the Wharfedale serviced if needed and I like the size and weight. It will definitely help the low end with my smaller tops, or any tops for that matter...when i don't feel like carrying the 700P.

Al

• Members
The Titan 12 actives can actually put out surprising low frequencies for such a small cabinet (with a little EQ boost), so I figure this little guy will be quite good, although it doesn't go very low.

I was using a single PR12D with no sub in a small bar this weekend and it put out a surprising amount of low end. I actually had the fader for the kick up to unity (along with the six vocals) and it didn't beg for mercy. It wasn't up all that loud though - I'd estimate I had 12-18db left to clip. I never planned to use these full-range but it was all I had with me and the situation didn't allow room for a sub. I was pleasantly surprised that it did the job :thu: .

• Members

Hopefully, the unit will be in stock. If so, I should have it in the next 2-3 days. I set up my Art 310As and LS700P in the studio last night. F-ucking fabulous sounding combo. Good match output wise too. :thu: Those 310as sound so good. A little boost on the top end and they soud fabulous, especially with sub reinforcement. :thu:

Al

• Members

Can't wait for your review Al.

It's a little disconcerting that they can't spell watts; "PEAK (WATS)" but hey if they sound good that's all that matters I guess.

Lately I've been on a lighter rather than heavier, and sensitivity versus watts quest. I'll be interested in your views on the Titans.

Archived