wireless noob - slightly atypical application

• Members

here's my thing

Never been a wireless guy, never really needed it.

But I'm looking at getting one or two units, but there's a twist.

for practice and teaching! no so much performance

so I can get free to go over to the sheet music file cabinet or the white board, mess with equipment that's acting funny, slap a drummer and run away quickly - that kind of thing.

So Im looking for DECENT sound quality, especially in the area of low interference-hiss-dropouts, but not STELLAR the-tone-makes-the-angels-cry kind of stuff.

So more of a get-the-job-done box kind of thing than $3500 of digital mux'ed aerospace grade rich-guy toy

how are the units with bass (guitar, kind of useless with double I'd guess)? like wide enough frequency response? I've seen some bass specific ones, but is that just "ph Balanced for her" marketing?

any thoughts or recs?

• Members

here's my thing

Never been a wireless guy, never really needed it.

But I'm looking at getting one or two units, but there's a twist.

for practice and teaching! no so much performance

so I can get free to go over to the sheet music file cabinet or the white board, mess with equipment that's acting funny, slap a drummer and run away quickly - that kind of thing.

So Im looking for DECENT sound quality, especially in the area of low interference-hiss-dropouts, but not STELLAR the-tone-makes-the-angels-cry kind of stuff.

So more of a get-the-job-done box kind of thing than $3500 of digital mux'ed aerospace grade rich-guy toy

how are the units with bass (guitar, kind of useless with double I'd guess)? like wide enough frequency response? I've seen some bass specific ones, but is that just "ph Balanced for her" marketing?

any thoughts or recs?

Well, I can't tell if you are wanting a wireless mic or wireless instrument units. Either way, in my opinion, you should check out the Line 6 stuff. I own a Line 6 X2 XDR955 wireless mic system and it's been great! At the time it was $399.99 but I think the price has gone down to $299.99 now.

I wish I had time to give you some links but I don't. Check out the Line 6 stuff. It's VERY easy to use also.

Archived