Adapter for Aux Out

• Members

My mixer has one aux out which I want to use to feed controllable signal to my monitors (each channel strip has an aux control).

However, I have a pair of passive monitors powered by an amplifier and a pair of powered monitors too.

Would it be OK to plug a mono jack adapter into the aux out socket so I can send a signal to my passive monitors and also one to my powered monitors?

Or is there a better solution?

Cheers.

• Members

My mixer (Soundcraft EFX12) has two monitor out jacks but the only 'control' for these is a louder or quieter version of the FOH mix - which we don't necessarily want to hear on stage.

With the Aux having a dedicated pot on each channel strip I can 'control' the monitor mix by, for example, adding plenty of the lead vocal, some backing vocals, a little guitar and bass and no drums.

So I want to send the aux signal to all four of my monitors but I can only figure out how to send it to the amp powering the passive monitors OR how to send it to one powered monitor and from that to the second powered monitor.

I don't know how to send the aux signal to all four monitors.

• Members

your mixer has two aux sends. you can use these to create additional mixes for stage monitors. use a TRS cable to either a TRS or an XLR on the other end depending on what the other end needs. if you need a Y split, have someone make one for you but depending on the powered speaker or amp these often have a pass through jack negating need for a Y split.

• Members

The other end, use a XLR connector. Then use the audiopile splitter I linked to to send it to both your amps.

I don't think a splitter isn't necessary here. You need two cables here: a TRS-XLR adapter cable and a XLR y-cable.

Here's two examples:

http://audiopile.net/products/Mic_Instr_Cables/MP_Adaptor_Cbls/Two-fers/YFMM_and_YMFF/YFMM_and_YMFF_cutsheet.shtml

http://audiopile.net/products/Mic_Instr_Cables/MP_Adaptor_Cbls/MP-106/MP-106_cutsheet.shtml

and a picture of how to connect everything in the attachment.

• Members

Coaster, my mixer only has one aux send. The FX send can be utilised as a second aux send but only at the expense of the FX. However, I think I may be able to pass the signal through the amp to the two powered monitors as you suggested. Many thanks.

• Members

Do this:

Mixer - EQ (via xlr input) - amp - speakers

- EQ INPUT (via 1/4 trs) to powered speakers

This would be using the EQ input as a splitter and this would be assuming you don't want eq on the powered wedges. If you DO want it then take the 1/4 TRS for the EQ output.

Archived