• Members

Bobby:

The Soundcraft I'm talking about is the Spirit FX16 - the older version of the board (and one that I have). I have a line on a used Mixwiz and I'm trying to decide whether it's worth the effort to make the switch (i.e. is it an upgrade vs. lateral move).

Thanks!

Stix

• Members

Well, I don't know if this is useful to you or not, but when I was shopping for my 16 channel board, a sales-person told me that the Spirit FX16 was not as good a board as the MixWiz3 16;2, or something along those lines. I don't recall the specific reasons why. That was three years ago. Probably had something to do with the feature set (FX/ aux sends, etc). I've only had the briefest of looks at the newer version Spirit 16ii, since I'm not in the market for a new board. The MixWiz is a terrific board, especially considering the price.

Sorry to be so vague, but it's the best I can do. Have you compared the features head-to-head? What about the routing? I doubt there would be much difference as far as sound quality is concerned, but that's just an opinion. Might be a parallel move.

Archived