Is this a good deal? A&H GL2200 on Ebay (has problems)

• Members

OK

I've had my eye out for an A&H GL-2200 24 input board (cheap), and I saw this one on ebay.

If you check the description, it will tell you all the things wrong with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALLEN-AND-HEATH-GL-2200-MIXER-GL2200-/170536282393?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b4c12919#ht_564wt_1139

I realize some of you on here can repair these in your sleep (AgedHorse), so is this worth picking up, or best left alone?

I would not bid on this one, because it's across the country, but would be willing to check one out locally, so this post will help me out.

Thanks in advance, and Happy New Year to our hebrew friends.

Here's hoping 5770 treats you well.

• Members

That's too many things wrong for me, after it starts breaking down again I just wouldn't be able to trust it fully without getting a complete workup done.

I bought one locally a couple years ago (same model and channel count) for $650. It had just been COMPLETELY re-worked by a friend of mine who is a local electronics tech (which cost the owner $700). Worked like a charm but that's about the cost I think you will be looking at.

If you spend at least $300-400 on the mixer and then $600-700 to go through and fix everything it isn't worth it for me.

• Members

That's too many things wrong for me, after it starts breaking down again I just wouldn't be able to trust it fully without getting a complete workup done.

I bought one locally a couple years ago (same model and channel count) for $650. It had just been COMPLETELY re-worked by a friend of mine who is a local electronics tech (which cost the owner $700). Worked like a charm but that's about the cost I think you will be looking at.

If you spend at least $300-400 on the mixer and then $600-700 to go through and fix everything it isn't worth it for me.

That's what I was thinking too.

$600+ for a GL board is pretty good.

• Members

It's probably repairable assuming it didn't take a drink of something. Cost to repair something like this typically runs about $5-600, so it's the same as a $1000 board working and there is some risk to it.

Thanks AH

That's what I needed to know.

Archived