Soundcraft Unveiling New Si Series

• Members

Priced like the studiolive line but from soundcraft. Small screen but like the studiolive has a fat channel section if you will. Knobs with (encoders) Faders have motors and it looks like the preamps are recallable. Plus looking at the videos it has an xlr split built in. Great for monitor mixer then split to foh.

Unsure if this is old news or not but it looks like yet another digital mixer in the bar band , owner operator price point.

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/soundcraft_unveiling_new_si_series_compact_digital_live_sound_mixers_at_201/

Dookietwo

• Members

I'll be intersted to take one for a spin. The lack of motorized faders on the Presonus was a deal breaker for me, even at its price point. But the display on the Soundcraft looks painfully tiny. I wonder if they were smart enough to allow a vga external display device to be added? I didn't catch the MSRP on it though. What was it?

• Members

I wish it was less expensive, but I'm still keeping an eye on it, since the next logical step-up for my rig would be a compact digital mixer like the 01V96 or StudioLive1642. At first glance, that tiny display screen is a major turn-off. But it could be that they're trying to keep everything as surface-oriented as possible, so you don't need the display for very much. At least I hope that's how it works. MADI output for recording individual channels is a big plus for me. Firewire gets a little shaky, past a certain point.

I'll probably still end up with an 01V96 or StudioLive just for cost reasons, but I want to see the final rack-mountable 16 channel version of this before deciding.

Archived