Large Glass Terrarium To Keep Our Pet Drummer In

• Members

Is this for in your 12x 18 (or whatever) studio? Or any of the little clubs here in town?

Because I really don't think it would prove much help in any of those places.

Haha. Our room is 12x15 thankyouverymuch.

No, I'm just curious about them. I was told their very expensive so I wanted to see for myself.

• Members

God I never should've asked.

Now I want to buy this and put some leaves and a branch in there and try to keep our drummer alive in it:

Sheesh. It's a drummer, not a Koala.

Drummers are sensitive to environmental changes. Pay attention: their natural diet consists of microwavable pizza Hot Pockets and Miller High Life.

• Members

Sheesh. It's a drummer, not a Koala.

Drummers are sensitive to environmental changes. Pay attention: their natural diet consists of microwavable pizza Hot Pockets and Miller High Life.

:lol::thu:

While I agree with the hot pockets... our's has developed a taste for Coors Light.

I'd have to remember to poke holes in the top to make sure he gets air.

• Members

Meh, as a drummer I'm surprised a bass player could actually pick his knuckles up off the floor long enough to use a keyboard and mouse! :poke::lol:

Check out GC, they sometimes have used ones... I saw one for like $250. (regular about $400.). That being said, I looked into the plexi-wall type (6 panels @ approx 6' high X 2.5' Wide) not the room type as pictured above, and did some further research. What I found out was that basically the sound reflection off the panels into the back wall (if there is one) then back into the room compounds the problem as opposed to limiting it. I would imagine, without a back wall (outdoors, deep stage, etc.), this could be useful to limit stage volume but you'd have to mic the kit in order to be able to adjust for FOH and the drummer would require a dedicated monitor or IEM's. My $.02 worth.

Stix

• Members

Meh, as a drummer I'm surprised a bass player could actually pick his knuckles up off the floor long enough to use a keyboard and mouse...

That being said, I looked into the plexi-wall type (6 panels @ approx 6' high X 2.5' Wide) not the room type as pictured above, and did some further research.

Jeez, Stix, we already had that part of the conversation. Can't you just go back to pounding on your cylindrical wood objects with broken tree branches while the civilized folk are having a discussion?

Seriously, does anybody here have a cattle prod or something else situation-appropriate? I know somebody must; it's a soundman forum, so somebody here's gotta be carrying tool for the job...

:p

• Members

When drummers (and music) lost the touch and dynamics, this technical crutch became necessary.

Total agreement. How can a player be SO LOUD he needs this to avoid killing his fellow band mates....and call himself a musician? Anyone who NEEDS this is just an ape.

I have been blessed to play with several drummers that a) cut their kit down in tight spaces b) have great dynamic control and c) go to those odd looking bundles of chop sticks or even brushes when the situation demanded it.

• Members

My solution was to buy a Yamaha HipGig for the "studio", and I don't even play. It's much more manageable than my drummer's Maple Custom. 12' x 23', we record live amps and drums off the floor. The bass amp is on a workbench at head height, about 4' from the drum overhead in figure 8 (ribbon). Barely any leak either way.

Archived