Peavey XR 600c ?

• Members

I just purchased this used powered mixer a few days ago and have a question about it. I'm sure this an easy question to most of you.

Downloaded the online manual also but still uncertain as this kind of stuff is fairly new to me.

It has only one 1/4 in. monitor output on the front of it. So say I want to hook up two monitors, How do I go about this?

Do I use a two into one, 1/4'' adapter, like this one?

oops. sorry on the spelling in the thread title

41GQ3qhT63L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Members

If I'm not mistaken, that box dates from the days when there was only a single amp in the unit and the monitor output is for an unpowered signal. You need to run that output to an amp and then your monitors unless you have a powered monitor. In that case, run to the first powered monitor and daisy chain to the next.

• CMS Author

I just purchased this used powered mixer a few days ago and have a question about it. I'm sure this an easy question to most of you.

Downloaded the online manual also but still uncertain as this kind of stuff is fairly new to me.

It has only one 1/4 in. monitor output on the front of it. So say I want to hook up two monitors, How do I go about this?

Do I use a two into one, 1/4'' adapter, like this one?

oops. sorry on the spelling in the thread title

41GQ3qhT63L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This would work if you are using active (powered) speakers for monitors.

NOTE: I removed the advertising in your signature. Commercial ads are not permitted in the forums.

• Members

isnt this just for practice? why do you need discrete outputs?

Yes mostly practice but I'm also trying to learn how to use this thing the correct way so I don't ruin it by doing something dumb.

I don't have real intentions of running the monitors during our practice sessions.

• Members

For practice, you might be better off plugging your monitors into the main outputs so you can hear yourself sing. I assume there is no crowd to play to at rehearsal.

Probably true in most cases but our monitors we have right now sound like crap until I replace the speakers or get new ones.

Archived