Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

JBL 618S is lighter & smaller with less power than the PRX618S-XLF...what am I get...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBL 618S is lighter & smaller with less power than the PRX618S-XLF...what am I get...

...ting besides more power and a slightly bigger cabinet XLF ?

Are the components any better, the description says the S' is matched with the PRX612M or PRX615M as mains...........but I'm ordering the PRX635 1500W 3 ways.

Would I be better off sticking with the 618 XLF's ?

...ting besides more power and a slightly bigger cabinet XLF ?

Are the components any better, the description says the S' is matched with the PRX612M or PRX615M as mains...........but I'm ordering the PRX635 1500W 3 ways.

Would I be better off sticking with the 618 XLF's ?

IMHO, yes. The XLF is a better sub. A little bit louder, goes a little lower so a single xlf would have better chances to keep up with the tops. Those tops can get pretty loud according to the spec's.

Comment

IMHO, yes. The XLF is a better sub. A little bit louder, goes a little lower so a single xlf would have better chances to keep up with the tops. Those tops can get pretty loud according to the spec's.

Ok thanks,

I was thinking about two of the smaller ones, but also bumping up to two of the XLF's.

I'll pass then on the smaller ones at any rate.

:lol: , I keep measuring the back seat and trunk to see how and what is going to fit, and where.
      The 635's are trapezoidal, if they weren't , the trunk would be out of question for both at once, but I'm thinking they are going to fit, even if I have to pop out the rear car speakers that hang down...

Comment

Ok thanks,

I was thinking about two of the smaller ones, but also bumping up to two of the XLF's.

I'll pass then on the smaller ones at any rate.

:lol: , I keep measuring the back seat and trunk to see how and what is going to fit, and where.
        The 635's are trapezoidal, if they weren't , the trunk would be out of question for both at once, but I'm thinking they are going to fit, even if I have to pop out the rear car speakers that hang down...

If your budget allows, also check out the VRX918SP. Its a little smaller than the XLF. It is a slight few pounds more than the XLF but has the option of casters which makes it a breeze to move around. Its pretty narrow and can also sit on its grill in a back seat. I loaded a one in a Honda Accord once.

If you can make the trip to Orange County I know where you can get a awesome price on those subs.

Comment

If your budget allows, also check out the VRX918SP. Its a little smaller than the XLF. It is a slight few pounds more than the XLF but has the option of casters which makes it a breeze to move around. Its pretty narrow and can also sit on its grill in a back seat. I loaded a one in a Honda Accord once.

If you can make the trip to Orange County I know where you can get a awesome price on those subs.

I better pass on those, though I think they look like incrdible gear, maybe down the road.
          I like the way they sit, and the overal physical design.

I have to fit a mixer and drum kit into the equation + new mic.
          On the mic I think I've got my mind made up on the E945 Senn , I love the E835 , the 945 should cut down a bit on feedback and I'm guessing since it's another $100 over the 835 it's going to be a slightly better overall mic.

I grew up in Orange Co..........:wave: , hope to get a gig or so back there one of these days.

Thanks for the ideas......

0, 0

Comment

Working...
          X