Chandler CP-1200 Power Conditioner????? Aged Horse???????

• Members

There is a local guy on CL looking to sell a Chandler CP-1200 power conditioner. I could use a power conditioner for my solo act rig I just set up. Did some research but was unable to find out much about them as it appears that haven't been made in years.

Anyone know anything about these? Good? Bad? Are they so old that whatever technology they used back then has been dramatically improved?

Aged Horse or any of you that have been around and are familiar with these, I would appreciate some input.

Thanks,

UMT

• Members

Well, because I have a fairly elaborate setup: Mixer/EQ/IEM/2 power amps and, just like everybody else, sometimes play in places where the electricity is suspect. Just figure it might be best to have something. ?????

• Members

Sorry -- You said you could use a power conditioner and I am just trying to figure out what you think you could use.

Are you looking for voltage regulation? Because this device won't provide it. And the devices that do... they have some compromises involved.

Are you looking for overcurrent protection? It may provide that, but so will the onboard fuses in the devices you own, the $3 plastic jobbies at your local market, and the protection built into the circuit you plug into. Is any of that enough? Probably not in most all real world catastrophes, but your guess is as good as mine.

• Members

Power conditioners are ALL just glorified power strips, they just rack mount though. That said I use them all the time, the convience of plugging everything in and turning it all on at once (NOT power amps) is great. That's the reason to buy one, they won't filter crap out though. Best thing to do is go buy an outlet tester and use it before you plug something in.

• Members

Just another fancy power strip for all effective purposes. The power switch is not rated for turnig on and off power amps, so it's best not to use it for that purpose. Also, if it has 15 amp overcurrent protection, that would be the limiting factor on a 20 amp circuit.

• Members

Hoss,

I ended up buying it for $32.00 mainly because it has push in/out lights and a dimmer knob. I figured for the price, I'll give it a whirl.

Both of my power amps have circuit protection but are you saying it would be better to run the power amps off a separate strip?

Thanks,

UMT

• Members

Hoss,

I ended up buying it for $32.00 mainly because it has push in/out lights and a dimmer knob. I figured for the price, I'll give it a whirl.

Both of my power amps have circuit protection but are you saying it would be better to run the power amps off a separate strip?

Thanks,

UMT

Protection has nothing to do with it. Thre is no effective protection in the power strip and the power switch is not rated for turning on and off power amps.

Plug amps into a non-switched strip.

Archived