Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chandler CP-1200 Power Conditioner????? Aged Horse???????

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chandler CP-1200 Power Conditioner????? Aged Horse???????

There is a local guy on CL looking to sell a Chandler CP-1200 power conditioner. I could use a power conditioner for my solo act rig I just set up. Did some research but was unable to find out much about them as it appears that haven't been made in years.

Anyone know anything about these? Good? Bad? Are they so old that whatever technology they used back then has been dramatically improved?

Aged Horse or any of you that have been around and are familiar with these, I would appreciate some input.

Thanks,
    UMT
    Fender Tele HH (Modded To The Max)
    EMG AfterBurner Onboard Boost
    Modded Marshall DSL401 w/Relic 30
    Avatar Bluesbreaker Clone w/V30's

Well, I had one for a few years. It's a rack mount power strip and nothing more. IIRC they were comparable to a cheaper furman. Nothing special.
    www.rock-bot.com
    Live-Band-Karaoke

bassist and sound reinforcement

Comment

I could use a power conditioner for my solo act rig I just set up.

Why?
      -

Comment

Well, because I have a fairly elaborate setup: Mixer/EQ/IEM/2 power amps and, just like everybody else, sometimes play in places where the electricity is suspect. Just figure it might be best to have something. ?????

Comment

Sorry -- You said you could use a power conditioner and I am just trying to figure out what you think you could use.

Are you looking for voltage regulation? Because this device won't provide it. And the devices that do... they have some compromises involved.

Are you looking for overcurrent protection? It may provide that, but so will the onboard fuses in the devices you own, the $3 plastic jobbies at your local market, and the protection built into the circuit you plug into. Is any of that enough? Probably not in most all real world catastrophes, but your guess is as good as mine.
          -

Comment

Ok, guys! Thanks, I got the idea. Just had never heard of the Chandler and couldn't find out much about it.

Comment

Power conditioners are ALL just glorified power strips, they just rack mount though. That said I use them all the time, the convience of plugging everything in and turning it all on at once (NOT power amps) is great. That's the reason to buy one, they won't filter crap out though. Best thing to do is go buy an outlet tester and use it before you plug something in.
              www.rock-bot.com
              Live-Band-Karaoke

bassist and sound reinforcement

Comment

If it's cheaper than this, buy it, otherwise buy this (no fancies, just a solid rack mount power strip - with a loooooong cord): http://www.provantage.com/tripp-lite-rs-0615-r~7TRPM00W.htm (6 outlets on the inside) or http://www.provantage.com/tripp-lite-rs-1215~7TRPM002.htm (6 inside and 6 outside).

Comment

Just another fancy power strip for all effective purposes. The power switch is not rated for turnig on and off power amps, so it's best not to use it for that purpose. Also, if it has 15 amp overcurrent protection, that would be the limiting factor on a 20 amp circuit.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Hoss,

I ended up buying it for $32.00 mainly because it has push in/out lights and a dimmer knob. I figured for the price, I'll give it a whirl.

Both of my power amps have circuit protection but are you saying it would be better to run the power amps off a separate strip?

Thanks,
                    UMT

Comment

never, under any circumstances plug a bridged 3602 into a power conditioner. DAMHIKT
                      band status - "its complicated"

Comment

Hoss,

I ended up buying it for $32.00 mainly because it has push in/out lights and a dimmer knob. I figured for the price, I'll give it a whirl.

Both of my power amps have circuit protection but are you saying it would be better to run the power amps off a separate strip?

Thanks,
                        UMT

Protection has nothing to do with it. Thre is no effective protection in the power strip and the power switch is not rated for turning on and off power amps.

Plug amps into a non-switched strip.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Protection has nothing to do with it. Thre is no effective protection in the power strip and the power switch is not rated for turning on and off power amps.

Plug amps into a non-switched strip.

Found this out the hard way during a gig.

Comment

Ok, now I got ya....

Thanks to all for the comments and help.

UMT

Comment

Working...
                            X