Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

I bought a pair of JBL PRX612M's, Telefunken M80 and now I need a mixer - Which mixer

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a pair of JBL PRX612M's, Telefunken M80 and now I need a mixer - Which mixer

I've been looking at the A&H MixWiz, but I don't think I want tp spend that much.

What would be a great mixer for around $500 to $600.

This PA will be used for rehearsing a 3 to 4 piece band.
    Disclaimer: My threads and posts are created to allow forum members to discuss interesting subject matter.

I reserve the right to change my decisions at anytime.

You can't go wrong with Behringer.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHSX2442FX

Dale Christenson
    Sound4U
    A local sound provider serving Oklahoma and surrounding areas.
    http://sound4u.co

Comment

You could get an inexpensive Soundcraft EFX-12, and it'll sound pretty good, but you'll get limited routing and i/o with this type of board (1 aux send). The MFXi series Soundcraft boards are a bit more expensive, and you'd get two aux sends. You won't find direct-outs for multi-track recording, with this class of mixer. Depends on what you plan to do with the board. A used MixWiz would give you a lot of flexibility.
      Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

Please don't feed the troll.
        https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/VP...54678147927641

Comment

The terms "Good" and "Cheap" are almost always mutually exclusive of one another.

However, there are some decent options in that price range.

Since you're only a "4 piece" band, you probably aren't going to need 16 channels... so a ~12ch board will work nicely.

Mackie 1402-vlz3 --- http://www.guitarcenter.com/Mackie-1402-VLZ3-Premium-14-Channel-Compact-Mixer-104203872-i1172237.gc

Yamaha - http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-MG166CX-16-Channel-Mixer-With-Compression-and-Effects-104501275-i1322015.gc

Peavey - http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-PV-14-USB-14-Channel-Mixer-with-Digital-Output-and-Effects-631780-i1323955.gc

Although I have seen some A&H MixWiz3's going used for $650. Might be a good look.
          ​Boston Common Band - Boston Wedding Bands
          Sound --- DB Tech DVA T4's + RCF TTS18a Subs | RCF TT08a + ART710 Monitors
          Rack --- A&H QU-16 | Sennheiser Wireless Systems | Furman P2400AR
          Lighting --- Chauvet Quad6 PARs | Chauvet + ADJ Lasers | QSpot360 Moving Heads

Comment

Behringer. Definitely Behringer.

Comment

Behringer. Definitely Behringer.

Do you have a model number?
              Disclaimer: My threads and posts are created to allow forum members to discuss interesting subject matter.

Comment

Do you have a model number?

No, I usually just go by "Craig".

Comment

I've been looking at the A&H MixWiz, but I don't think I want tp spend that much.

What would be a great mixer for around $500 to $600.

This PA will be used for rehearsing a 3 to 4 piece band.

I'd still look at a Mixwiz. They can be found used in the $400 to $500 range. Not to much else out there that offer much value in that range. How many channels do you need?
                  "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson

Band promo shots on railroad tracks were cool in 1981...

Comment

No, I usually just go by "Craig".

So are you saying they even stole your name for their new model????
                    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

You could get an inexpensive Soundcraft EFX-12, and it'll sound pretty good, but you'll get limited routing and i/o with this type of board (1 aux send). The MFXi series Soundcraft boards are a bit more expensive, and you'd get two aux sends. You won't find direct-outs for multi-track recording, with this class of mixer. Depends on what you plan to do with the board. A used MixWiz would give you a lot of flexibility.

Thanks for the suggestion. The more I think about it i'll most likely get the A&H.

Comment

I'd still look at a Mixwiz. They can be found used in the $400 to $500 range. Not to much else out there that offer much value in that range. How many channels do you need?

I am, but I'll buy a new one.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. The more I think about it i'll most likely get the A&H.

That is really the best solution. Like I said above, they can be found in your price range if you don't mind used. Hard to beat up to six auxes and up to two built in FX, decent pres and great EQ sections for the price.

Comment

So are you saying they even stole your name for their new model????

Well, they call it the "ProCraiggX", but they aren't fooling me.

Comment

I am, but I'll buy a new one.

Not for $600. New will run $1000.

Comment

Working...
                              X