Any info..JBL Cabaret 4691B?

• Members

I have some cabaret series stuff as well.. the 1/4" jack that doesn't have a cover is a Full range input. The others are Bi-AMP. on my 4699's there's a thrid as well. but HTe internal Xovers on these actually sound really good.

Todd A.

• Members

Excellent..one more newb questions...these state they are 8ohms...does daisy chaining them like that change the ohms? ...and is that considered running them parallel? (which would reduce it to 4ohms?)

Thanks!!

Cheers,

B

• Members

huh?

Some of the JBLs from that era had a switched-contact 1/4" jack that was shorted when not in use (I think for transport purposes). That meant if you plugged into the wrong jack, the amp got to drive a dead-short load.

And to further compound the issue, they were mechanically flakey.

• Members

Some of the JBLs from that era had a switched-contact 1/4" jack that was shorted when not in use (I think for transport purposes). That meant if you plugged into the wrong jack, the amp got to drive a dead-short load.

And to further compound the issue, they were mechanically flakey.

..but as long as I have the switch down and plug into the "FULL RANGE" input and daisy chain a speaker out of the "EXTERNAL SPEAKER OUT"...there should be no problems?

I guess I don't understand what the "bi-amplification" stuff means on the back of this...

Cheers,

B

• Members

Bi-amplification is using a separate amplifiers to drive the high and low frequency drivers. In this scenario, an active crossover is used to process the high and low signals fed to the speaker. So in "bi-amp" position, the internal passive crossover inside the speaker cabinet is bypassed.

Unless you are powering your cabinets in that manner (and you will know if you are), you do not need to worry about those functions.

Archived