EV ELX112P or RCF ART 312A

• Members

I'm looking for opinions on the ELX112p vs the RCF 312A. I'll be auditioning both this week.

I'm looking for a vocals only PA for a 4 piece classic and modern rock band for small bars and backyard parties. I would also like to use them for a duo acoustic act. Lastly they will be used as mains for our monthly outdoor movie party that we have in our backyard. The budget is under 1k for both powered mains.

Any thoughts or opinions from current owners? Anything else in this price range I should audition as well?

• Members

Both will sound very good, with the EV having deeper and stronger bass while the RCF will have a slightly smoother (more ear friendly) mid and top end. Both will get very loud with a small edge in output going to the EV given its higher amplifier power. That is my prediction. :)

Al

• Members

I'll be really keen to hear your thoughts after you have the audition.

I went with the RCF. They sounded fantastic, were loud and clean. They were also a little cheaper than the EV and that just sealed the deal.

• Members

I went with the RCF. They sounded fantastic, were loud and clean. They were also a little cheaper than the EV and that just sealed the deal.

Did the EVs have stronger low frequency response? Was the top end sweeter or smoother on the RCF? Just curious if my guess was pretty close...

Al

• Members

Kinda suspected that might be the outcome. Those rcfs are a nice sounding speaker at that price point. Unfortunately here in aus the 312 is hard to get and still selling for 50% more than the comparable prx/dsr and 60% more than the ev.

• Members

Just did my first gig with the 312a. They were our Mains for vocals only. We are 2 guitars, drums, bass. They passed with flying colors as they were easily able to keep up with the drums and guitars. I am a very happy customer.

Archived