No announcement yet.

shure beta 57 original vs beta 57a?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shure beta 57 original vs beta 57a?

how come it seems the original beta 57's sell for quite a bit more then the beta 57a's on ebay? better or preferable sound quality? they have different grille and internally different transformer i believe... but if the old design is more desirable, any chance shure might reissue the originals?

I've never seen anybody say that the earlier ones were better.

I wonder if maybe the eBay difference is due to there being counterfeit Beta 57A mics on the market.
    "I would kill the children of a thousand planets, just to see you smile"

Comment

Can you say counterfit? ... I knew you could.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

I got three of the original version, one of the new.

Comment

I got three of the original version, one of the new.

any noticeable difference is tonal quality?

Comment

Not that I heard.

Comment

the original's hypercardioid, and I think the new one's supercardioid- the old ones sound a little fatter to me- especially on snare. I notice a difference there

Comment

Any time you add the word "vintage" before the word "microphone", the price goes up proportionately. Somehow, "old" microphone doesn't have the same appeal.
                Veni, Vidi, Velcro;

(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Comment

the original's hypercardioid, and I think the new one's supercardioid- the old ones sound a little fatter to me- especially on snare. I notice a difference there

Hyper and super are 2 names for the same pattern. One may be more or less marketable to one group or another.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

But "super" is better, right?
                    Originally Posted By Trace-P38
                    Flogger wins.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta View Post
                    Because we floggers won the music war some time ago.

Originally Posted by Mike Riley View Post
                    Preaching to the choir Rush in on a whole different level to quote a movie You might listen to Rush but you cant here Rush

http://www.box.net/shared/x85lhnst14

Comment

They didn't call him "Hyperman"

A&H GL2800 console, BagEnd Crystals over D-18's, 12"and 15" BagEnd and EAW wedges powered and processed by QSC, Klark, BSS, Symetrix, Valley, Sabine, Peavey and BagEnd INFRA.

Comment

the Beta57 and Beta57a (along with the Beta58 & Beta58a) use a different transformer, but are both voiced the same.
                        Which rig to take out to a show?
                        Aspects over B2 or the QRx212 over QRx218 rig

Comment

Which would you rather deal with when you have a hangover, a super kid or a hyper one?
                          Security Officers have been trained to not touch the service monkey

Comment

Working...
                          X