Something I have never seen.

• Members

I just scoped out the venue for our next gig. It has the largest stage ever. It's actually a dance theater. Anyway, they had speakers that I have never seen. I chatted with the guy who is going to run the sound and he said that they were called Avalon by EAW. I have heard of EAW, but I have never seen these speakers before. Anyway, they had (2) DC2's hanging in the front and (4) DCS2's under the stage. The system was not on, but the guy ASSURED me that the system was "top of the line", as he put it. Anyone know anything about these?

• Members

Yikes, it shows how different the venues are that we work in. The stage at our house gig venue is 36' wide x24' deep in it's smallest configuration and can go up to 52' wide x 28' deep. At several of the theatres that I work at (not all that often anymore), the stage including wings is over 100 feet wide x 60' deep with a >60' proceium opening. Those are small compared with some of the touring stadium stages.

• Members
Yikes, it shows how different the venues are that we work in. The stage at our house gig venue is 36' wide x24' deep in it's smallest configuration and can go up to 52' wide x 28' deep. At several of the theatres that I work at (not all that often anymore), the stage including wings is over 100 feet wide x 60' deep with a >60' proceium opening. Those are small compared with some of the touring stadium stages.

Yes, It's not often we get play on what I consider a REAL stage. Most bar have the standard 16x12. If you are lucky! The scariest stage that I have ever played on was 12x12, and 5ft high. I was fricken nervous the entire show.

• Members
What club is this at?

agree with Aged on those speakers; it may sound a little off with Live Music.

It's not a club, it's a dance theater. We are playing "live" 80's music for private party for a dance instructor and her team. They will be performing during 5 songs on the first set, then we get to rock the stage solo for the rest of the night. It sounds fun!

• Members

OK, I'm really out of touch with the dance club scene. What is the primary difference between a good system for a dance club and one for live sound?

Judging by the dance clubs I have been to, recently, all you need are tweeters and subs. Mid-range frequencies need not apply.

• Members

Judging by the dance clubs I have been to, recently, all you need are tweeters and subs. Mid-range frequencies need not apply.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Too {censored}ing true. I was at a flea market a while back and decided to check out some car stereo stuff. And with all the Rockwood and Kenford knockoff crap were these little 10" w/ a 1" horn carpet covered speakers. Complete crap. Some guy bought 15 of them. 2 weeks later I walk into a local bar that had just changed hands and what do I see hanging from the ceiling all over the place????? Yep, those carpeted piles of crap.

A few days after I was in there a DJ blew them all. LOL.

• Members

O.T. Wynn, google "ventilator", I love the sound of a leslie. But those things are so close that I'd never haul a real Leslie around. Not cheap, but i was truly impressed.

My organ is a Roland VK-77. It has a built in leslie simulator that's just about as good as a properly mic'd leslie. That's not quite as good as a non-mic'd leslie. If I'm in a situation where mic'ing is called for, I'll just run direct and leave the leslie at home. The Leslie is a 760 and not to hard to move around.

• Members
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Too {censored}ing true. I was at a flea market a while back and decided to check out some car stereo stuff. And with all the Rockwood and Kenford knockoff crap were these little 10" w/ a 1" horn carpet covered speakers. Complete crap. Some guy bought 15 of them. 2 weeks later I walk into a local bar that had just changed hands and what do I see hanging from the ceiling all over the place????? Yep, those carpeted piles of crap.

A few days after I was in there a DJ blew them all. LOL.

That is not nearly as bad as when a venue tell you that they have a sound system, you show up with just your amps and instruments, and they have a damn Fender Passport. With the speakers on sticks I might add. We looked at each other in total disbelief. We rocked it anyway.

• Members

That is not nearly as bad as when a venue tell you that they have a sound system, you show up with just your amps and instruments, and they have a damn Fender Passport. With the speakers on sticks I might add. We looked at each other in total disbelief. We rocked it anyway.

This is the reason that the PA comes in the trailer wherever we go. Even if it means we need to spend an extra 30min to set up, we will at least sound decent.

Archived